INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long file names - Failed to import  (Read 353 times)

xexets

• Recent member
Long file names - Failed to import
« on: December 31, 2020, 01:35:04 pm »

Hi all! I have the latest MC 27 installed, with Windows 10 up to date. I have recently moved my collection of audio files (flac and dsf mostly) to a NAS. I used the Library Tool Rename, Copy, Move Files to change all E:\Music to \\SHIELD\Music\NVIDIA_SHIELD\Music, and all was well, except that then I updated the library and 4500 files did not import because the file name is too long and disappeared from the library.

So I enabled Support for long file names BOTH in JRiver and in Windows 10 via registry, rebooted, run auto-import. Dialogue says 'Adding 4500 files', processes them and then fails to import them just saying: 'Failed to import 4500 files'.

Now if I locate individual files and drag them into the library it does not import them. If I rename them to something shorter it does import them by dragging them into the library.
I could rename the culprit files with a bulk renaming utility but still it would be very time consuming, am I doing something wrong?
If I am doing everything correctly, can you suggest a way to rename these files or work around this failure to import? Thanks!

I thought that with the long file name support it would work...

Thanks!

xexets

• Recent member
Re: Long file names - Failed to import
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 01:16:04 pm »

After some fiddling I sidestepped the problem by mapping the Music folder to a Network drive so now instead of having //SHIELD/Music/NVIDIA_SHIELD/Music/ at the beginning of any path I have only Z:\ and that seemed to do the trick an allow me to import all other 1500 files which had a long path!
Pages: [1]   Go Up