INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and NAS Systems and Sonos Speakers  (Read 2025 times)

themassacre

• Recent member
JRemote and NAS Systems and Sonos Speakers
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:21:09 pm »

Happy New Year All,

I have been using JRiver for a long time and now I have decided to purchase JRemote but before I do can someone answer the following:

Will it play smartlists and playlists?
If so will it play them shuffled?

Most importantly will JRemote allow me to stream my music collection from my NAS through Sonos speakers?

Right now JRiver on my lap top will allow me to do all of they above mentioned activities.

Thank you,
Bill

dennismf

• Recent member
Re: JRemote and NAS Systems and Sonos Speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 04:30:57 pm »

I am using JRemote2 for Android. My media server is an Intel NUC device running windows 10 and Media Center 27. My media is stored on a Synology NAS accessed by MC over the home network.

I believe JRemote2 is similar to JRemote but there are a few feature differences. JRemote2 will play Media Center Playlists and Smartlists. I suspect this feature may have been added for JRemote2.

JRemote2 allows you to control the playback on your main Media Center server. It also will play back through the device that is running JRemote2. My JRemote2 will play back through Bluetooth speakers that have been paired with the device running JRemote2.

will JRemote allow me to stream my music collection from my NAS through Sonos speakers

JRemote connects to a DLNA media server such as Media Center. It will not connect directly to the media stored on your NAS. The media server performs this function. Playback through your Sonos speakers would depend upon the device running JRemote being able to play audio via Bluetooth of some other wireless connection. JRemote does not manage the audio output of the device upon which it has been installed.

Dennis MF
Pages: [1]   Go Up