INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Playback Problem  (Read 705 times)

andrevi

• Junior Woodchuck
Audio Playback Problem
« on: January 01, 2021, 07:28:41 pm »

Hi Guys,

Need help with this error message. I was running an mkv file on JRiver27 on NUC815BEK1 outputting to LG display.Sound connection is LG TV WASAPI.

First time I ran JRiver 27 it worked flawless but now am getting this error message.

Thanks.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Playback Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 07:54:27 pm »

Read the whole dialog box. The last two sentences are telling you how to proceed.

Something about your mkv file (encoding, sampling rate, number of channels) can't be digested by your TV, or if not the file itself then changes you have made in dsp studio are causing the problem.

You must adjust your settings to align with the capabilities of your output device. One example problem might be the mkv has Dolby true hd audio, you a configured to bitstream, and your tv doesn't decode Dolby true-hd; result=failure, and this exact error message.

If you can't figure it out, post screenshots of your jriver audio settings, dsp studio settings, and MC Audio Path (google it), and also describe how your pc connects to the tv (hdmi directly, through a receiver, what receiver, etc).

andrevi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 08:43:54 am »

Thanks Wer.

Bitstream is on (HDMI) > Samsung HWK950 Soundbar.
DSP off. Audio Path is mainly bitstream.

I switched HDMI In on Soundbar to HDMI 2 and was able to play LOTR, Serpico and others in 4k.  When I got to Salyut-17 got the error message. Have to figure it out.  Looks like some issue with HDMI ports on Samsung.

Any advice would help.

Many thanks again.

wer

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 12:18:28 pm »

It's what's in that file, not the ports. Can't say anything more without knowing the audio format of the file. Compare that to the capabilities of your soundbar.

Turn off bitstreaming.

andrevi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 06:32:00 pm »

Turned off bitstreaming and worked.
I guess on this soundbar bitstream works with D Atmos files, lpcm and flac only.
What volume should I use - Application, Internal, System?

Thanks Much.

wer

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 07:02:17 pm »

Internal is usually best.

andrevi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 03:10:13 am »

After running various file formats found the following:
Dolby True HD Atmos - works even with Bitstream on
DTS HDMA - works on most, some don't (Bitstream off)

Don't know how else to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 06:31:21 am »

andrevi - check the "supported play formats" in the Specifications section of the Used Manual for your soundbar - I'm pretty sure you will find the reason why you are having problems with tracks/files in DTS HDMA format is because it is not a "supported format"
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 08:14:30 am »

The Samsung documentation says that soundbar only supports 2 channel DTS. I believe Salyut 7 is in multichannel DTS. It may not have a 2 channel track.  Perhaps you are getting 2 channel DTS to work, but not multichannel.

andrevi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 09:05:26 am »

Thanks Guys.

Makes sense since I think the soundbar converts to 2 channel.

I never liked audio support from this Samsung soundbar since it had limitations not like a regular A/V receiver which I can just run Bitstream.

Many Thanks Again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up