INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enlarge Scrollbars Permanently - Feature Request Bump  (Read 354 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Enlarge Scrollbars Permanently - Feature Request Bump
« on: January 04, 2021, 09:28:00 pm »

Original Enlarge Scrollbars Permanently feature request post

Just wanted to give a lil' bump to this wish of having the larger scrollbars as a permanent option. Couple refinements I would add to it. ;D

- Skinning support for the larger size (if doesn't already) so the larger scroll bars are not just using stretched bitmaps from the original size.
- Using the larger size in the Tree panes & Tagging

Thanks!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Enlarge Scrollbars Permanently - Feature Request Bump
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 07:14:56 am »

You only have to switch between the selection of skins that come with MC to spot that a lot of them use different sizes and styles of scrollbars.

Consequently the change you are asking for involves the Creators of every Standard View Skin, who would have to create, test and submit a version that did have larger scrollbars, as well as the MC Team.
In addition by not specifying how much larger you would like them to be you have effectively made your request one that is probably going to be continually ignored.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Enlarge Scrollbars Permanently - Feature Request Bump
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 11:57:30 am »

You only have to switch between the selection of skins that come with MC to spot that a lot of them use different sizes and styles of scrollbars.

Consequently the change you are asking for involves the Creators of every Standard View Skin, who would have to create, test and submit a version that did have larger scrollbars, as well as the MC Team.
In addition by not specifying how much larger you would like them to be you have effectively made your request one that is probably going to be continually ignored.
The functionality is already built in so just looking for a way to keep it turned on.

As for the size, that looks like it gets set by the skins scaling values, for example I use the Modern Cards: Dark Edition Legacy skin which has entries for scaling at 2x the defined size throughout the main.xml file and I see resources already in the skin folders for them called out for example there is a Scrollbar_HorizontalRightArrow.png and Scrollbar_HorizontalRightArrow-2x.png. I tried modifying the Scrollbar_HorizontalRightArrow-2x.png but it was not applied when the mouse hovered over the scroll bars to enlarge them so I may need to dig into the skin a bit more to see if there is a reason the 2x resource is not being used. I have not dabbled much into skinning so will have to dig into it a bit.
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up