INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hang on double click from Explorer [Solved]  (Read 267 times)

Faile

• Recent member
Hang on double click from Explorer [Solved]
« on: January 05, 2021, 04:39:25 pm »

for a while now I have noticed a problem with playing files by doubleclicking in explorer to play them (files are not in library and just played as a one off) while another file is playing.
MC hangs for anywhere between 10-30 seconds while the current video keeps playing fine (clicking on the window gives you the windows message that the program is unresponsive), then it starts playing the new file...though sometimes it actually seems to completely hang at which point I just kill the task though maybe I just didn't wait long enough.

Now, when I start MC fresh, then double click the same file that it hung on before, it plays instantly. It seems to only be a problem when another file (happens with both audio only and videos) is playing.

The problem is completely repeatable for me.

I have import on play turned off, so it shouldn't analyse the file if I understood that right.

Is this some setting I got wrong ? Though why would it play the files instantly when nothing is playing ? I don't get this one :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: hang on doubleclick playing from explorer
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 05:11:14 pm »

Try configuring Windows Defender.  There is a thread on it here.  Don't use any other antivirus.

Faile

• Recent member
Re: hang on doubleclick playing from explorer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 07:25:15 am »

Try configuring Windows Defender.  There is a thread on it here.  Don't use any other antivirus.

Ok, I did not expect this but it seems to have worked. How weird that it only comes into effect when a file is playing and not otherwise.

Anyways, sorry for the bother and thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up