INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMD, external library and Qobuz  (Read 825 times)

Wheaten

WMD, external library and Qobuz
« on: January 07, 2021, 11:26:59 am »

Hi,

I am using rPi-4 as library and connect my clients to this one.

Came across a topic here to integrate Qobuz with JRiver. Using the Android BubbleUPNP, app and cast it to JRiver, using a WMD driver.

After a lot of struggling with my windows 10 client, crashing, CPU overload etc I finally got it started without crashing. The WMD output shows output, but no sound. What ever I do no sound.

And no entry in JRiver (IPC) when the WDM driver is being used.

It turns out, that the WMD driver won't work when using a remote library. 

Doing the same with a local library (which i want to avoid, maintaining 2 libraries), the sound works, IPC shows up and uses the audio output as setup in JRiver.

Is there a way to get the WMD driver working, when using a remote library?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WMD, external library and Qobuz
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 11:59:47 am »

WDM is MC (on Windows) acting as an audio driver.  Your use is different.

And you can't re-route the audio input once you've given it to WDM.

You would have to run Qobuz on the same computer, then use WDM as the audio device.

Wheaten

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 12:17:13 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Even if I run Qobuz on the same computer and use WMD, it has the same issue. IPC won't show if I use a remote Library. It will only show up when I use the main library on that Computer.
Main Lib:

Remote lib:

But if this is a problem I will maintain 2 libraries, simply because JRiver runs on a headless system and BubbleUPnP connects with Qobuz. In this way I can control JRiver from my andriod tablet, for tracks stored on my NAS and use the Qubuz library. But all played to JRiver audio system. Even Bubble cast album and track info, so it populates Gizmo on the players screen.

Wheaten

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 05:16:21 pm »

Update:

As it kept annoying me, I did a new installation with Xubuntu. (VERSION="20.04.1 LTS (Focal Fossa)")

Did my setups in MC 27.0.50.
Loaded the External rPi-4 Library and used the Android tablet with the BubbleUPnP app as remote.
Now all is working as expected.
1 remote to control JRiver including the integration with Qobuz and only 1 library to maintain.

Love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up