INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TiVo HMO - RFEs  (Read 1019 times)

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
TiVo HMO - RFEs
« on: April 11, 2003, 05:02:53 am »

So I broke down and bought MC9 last night... I'm impressed with it... I deemed it worthy of purchase  :)... anyways here are 2 RFEs..

1. TiVo security... i.e. the ability to allow/disallow all or certain TiVos to access the Server... the way TiVo Desktop does.

2. It'd be nice if the server would not pass invalid file formats down to the TiVo... I'm talking more about Pictures @ the moment... I have a bunch of BMPs and what not in my MC library at the moment (did autosearch) and everytime u goto view them in Pictures they say "TiVo can not display this"....

3. The ability to fully configure the bitrates when transcoding (i.e. not just 64/128/320)... it'd be nice if we could also do VBR.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: TiVo HMO - RFEs
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 08:30:26 am »

Thanks for the ideas. The second one should be fixed soon (show mulitple image formats just like we now play multiple music formats).

j

MighTiVo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 09:10:57 am »

Moved from another thread:

I would like to see JRiver work with TiVo to get them to support passing thumb ratings back to the streaming server. For Media Center this data could be used to modify the rating. Thus from the TiVo I could modify ratings and cause the content of playlists to change.

A couple ways I would like to use this:
I could use a rating of 3 thumbs down on audio to indicate a damaged file. This music of rating 1 would no longer be played as I would filter it in my lists and I could have a Task List for those songs to be reencoded.
I could use a rating of 3 thumbs up on photos to indicate photos I want to print thus my wife could sit in front of the TV reviewing vacation photos and easily tag photos she wants me to print.

Since there are three thumbs down, a neutral, and three thumbs up that would leave 7 choices so some decision would need to be made to decide how to map that to the current list of 6 choices ?,1,2,3,4, and 5 or expand the options. Perhaps adding negative numbers so it wouldn't impact non TiVo users:

MC Rating    Thumbs Rating
  -5   3 thumbs down
  -3   2 thumbs down
  -1   1 thumb down
   ?    Neutral
   1    1 thumb up
   3    2 thumbs up
   5    3 thumbs up

The biggest issue is of course getting TiVo to pass the data back from the set to box.

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 10:21:25 am »

Thanks for the ideas. The second one should be fixed soon (show mulitple image formats just like we now play multiple music formats).

You guys rock... I don't know what more to say... you rock,....
Pages: [1]   Go Up