INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dell Inspiron Multimedia Keys Still Not Working  (Read 1228 times)

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
Dell Inspiron Multimedia Keys Still Not Working
« on: April 10, 2003, 12:54:42 pm »

I reported this a while ago in the beta stage, but I guess it got missed :).

Anyways, I have to use Dell AccessDirect for multimedia key support. I'd like to just associate the key with various command line MC commands, but the software only let's you customize two of the four keys.

So anyways, when I press Play/Pause, for example, MC will pause and unpause for five seconds or so, so the song shutters, oftentimes continuing to play when it's done. Then an error comes up, saying that windows can't find CDplayer.exe, which of course isn't a part of XP. The keys work fine with WMP 9, WinDVD 2000, and even used to work fine with a Winamp 2.X plugin used to have.

This has been an issue for a long time (going back to MJ8). Is there any chance you could take a look at the way you deal with Windows multimedia keys? Pretty please?

Adam

Media Center Registered 9.0.145 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 896 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 391 MB, Free - 105 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Print complete.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
Re: Dell Inspiron Multimedia Keys Still Not Workin
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 07:18:28 am »

bump

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 07:54:59 am »

This is probably not something we can do anything about without Dell's cooperation.

The keyboard might be Logitech compatible.  Try a search here for info on how people have gotten that working.  There was a thread on it in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 08:12:34 am »

But doesn't it all go through WM_APCOMMAND or something to that effect? It's not that it lists any specific software that it works with (as the logitech keyboard).

MC is receiving the commands, but for some reason it gets the commands more than once.

I found AccessDirect's registry entry, and all the entries have checksums, so I can't change them (grrr to dell). So I can't just associate them with MC's play command, etc.

Anyways, if you've got too much going on to deal with this,  I understand  :)

~ Adam ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up