INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom view based on genre with filtering  (Read 324 times)

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
Custom view based on genre with filtering
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:11:38 pm »

I added an Audiophile genre tag in addition to the standard genre tag of my files on audiophile labels (Chesky, MFSL, etc.)

So now I setup a view to appear in JRemote called "Audiophile" that filters to included tracks that include the Audiophile genre.  This works as expected.  However, I don't want the Audiophile genre to appear in the resulting list of tracks to choose from.  How can I filter this out so only the main genre (Rock, Jazz, Pop, etc.) appears?  I tried adding modify results filters but I couldn't get it to work.  Is there a way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom view based on genre with filtering
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 01:23:57 pm »

You can add another Field (called for instance "Label") and set it to "Audiophile" on the files you want. Then use this new field on the Smartlist instead of Genre.

You can also add a field called Audiophile with DataType=Integer and EditType=Check ... this gives you a nice checkbox that you can use to enable/disable the Audiophile flag for each file.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 01:41:28 pm »

If you want to filter by a criterium that is separate from a Genre, that criterium can't be part of the Genre tag. So Zybex's advice is correct: you need an additional field.

The field he suggested is one way. It's intuitive, but very special-purpose. If you think of new use cases, you'll need more new fields. I'll suggest something a little more flexible.

I have a field called [Special Handling]. This is a list field, so it can contain multiple values.

I use this field throughout all the views of my library, as needed, to modify the way the files as included or displayed. If Special Handling contains this, then do that. If Special Handling contains this other thing, than do this different thing here. And so on.

In your case, just put Audiophile in it.

You end up with one extra field instead of many, and you can use it in many different situations.

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 02:01:06 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.  I actually do already have some of my music tagged with a label field.  I don't use it in any views but I think I'll try using that one as a test.
Pages: [1]   Go Up