INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problem from MC27 Linux  (Read 1075 times)

vcastceo

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover art problem from MC27 Linux
« on: January 17, 2021, 11:19:57 pm »

Hi, I made Raspberry PI 4B 8GB + SSD 128 + 4TB exFAT small form factor DLNA server.
I installed MC27 for this machine, it worked well and play music well except some annoying problem.
I copied all my Libraries from Windows PC(files, cover art file - normally folder.jpg but these cover art is embedded in file anyway) to my new Raspberry Server, and did import process once, twice.
Slowness is Ok, anyway I don't need to see it's UI, I need only run DLNA server exclude videos, it only music.

Really annoying problem is, all Cover Art is showing well on my MC27 in Windows 10.
For Windows, there is no problem at all. Sometimes new added files does not show Cover Art, I simply right click on mouse, and choose Covet Art, and from file, and select folder.jpg, and that's it. No problem at all.

But this MC27 Linux version, if some file does not show Cover Art, it will not show whatever I did.
Import jpg file, restart auto import process, no luck.
Very seldom, I delete files from library, and delete folder, and re-copy again, do the auto import process again, Cover Art come back, let's say 10% of sucess.

Why this happen? Is there some bugs on MC27 Linux version?
This problem is not related image size, image type, files type. Mp3, Wav, Flac, Dsf, Aiff, Ape all same happen. Jpg, .Png also same.
Is there is any solution for this annoying problem?

***** MODIFY CONTENTS

I did delete albums (delete all files) which has not showing Cover Art, and Copy it again, and did Tools -> Import -> Automatic Import.
Single album, cover art appeared.
Two, three, four, five albums delete and copy again, automatic import, cover art showing all 5 albums.
I did test 20 albums, 2 album cover art missing (there is cover art exist - I can see info on "Tag" window - but not showing).
Seems like this problem happen when many albums import same time.
Exactly, import process is goes like this :
1. Adding files
2. Analyze Audio
3. Adding Cover Art
During this process, if there is many files imported, second process(Analyze Audio) take long time, then Cover art is not showing, always.
Now I am importing one by one. But this is not a issue on Windows version. There should have some bug on it on Linux version.... :'(

vcastceo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Cover art problem from MC27 Linux
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 07:44:21 pm »

Some additional thing I might add :
Even I fix and recover all cover art for my MC on Pi, there is some album arts still not showing on my iPhone MC app or WEB page on pi.
I run 2 MC27 DLNA server, one is for Windows, another one is on Pi.
When I connect to Windows Server, there is no such issues. All cover arts display without any problem.
But when I connect to Pi Server, problem starts. I delete album and add again, refresh, rebuild library, no cure.

Now I am considering seriously that I should drop my MC27 for Pi. It is not for everyday using... very annoying to see many album shows only blue ? marks on the screen. It is looks like I see the ugly face. Any solution, will really appreciates.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 08:54:17 pm »

I don't think there is a cover art problem on the Pi version.  Not sure what you're seeing.

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:45:53 pm »

I have the same problem on Linux Ubuntu 20 : some cover are not showing (not very much, less than ten on 1700+ cd's), even if the "cover.jpg" file is in the folder...no matter what I do, I can't add the cover...

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 03:32:22 pm »

Those of you experiencing the cover art issue, what happens if you change the cover art slider (in the top right corner) to the largest setting?  If you see cover art once the slider is all the way to the right, I ran into something similar twice now with the Linux version of MC. 

For some reason, my thumbnail database wasn't creating the small version of thumbnails for certain albums, but not others, and was stuck like that.  Changing cover art didn't fix it, etc.  I fixed it by deleting everything under ~/.jriver/Media Center 27/Thumbnails/ and then regenerating all my thumbnails.

This happened to me once when I migrated to MC27 from MC26 and then again recently (maybe two versions back?), but in both cases removing the thumbnail database and regenerating solved the issue for me. 

But if changing the size of the displayed thumbnail doesn't show the art, then you're seeing a different issue that I haven't seen before.

Cmely

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 02:17:49 pm »

One more time : thank you Mwillems, your advice solved my problem. I've played several times with the cover art slide, did a "Get from internet" thing, and, hop, Cover art are back !

vcastceo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 11:33:39 am »

Those of you experiencing the cover art issue, what happens if you change the cover art slider (in the top right corner) to the largest setting?  If you see cover art once the slider is all the way to the right, I ran into something similar twice now with the Linux version of MC. 

For some reason, my thumbnail database wasn't creating the small version of thumbnails for certain albums, but not others, and was stuck like that.  Changing cover art didn't fix it, etc.  I fixed it by deleting everything under ~/.jriver/Media Center 27/Thumbnails/ and then regenerating all my thumbnails.

This happened to me once when I migrated to MC27 from MC26 and then again recently (maybe two versions back?), but in both cases removing the thumbnail database and regenerating solved the issue for me. 

But if changing the size of the displayed thumbnail doesn't show the art, then you're seeing a different issue that I haven't seen before.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Indeed I regenerate all cover art by import files again from first to last(I have all 10,000 over files, and it took long time for audio analysis process), then cover arts are back!
Sorry I haven’t reply your post for a while. I was rebuild my pi and reinstall all things again.
Now it is ok everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up