INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to establish custom 'HotKey' for 'Customize View...' option for playlists  (Read 369 times)

aviateur

• World Citizen

The subject is more of a question. Is it possible to establish a custom 'HotKey' for the 'Customize View...' option for playlists?

My experimentation has yielded no success. The following text was placed into the file, A:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 23\Data\Custom Resources\Resource.xml.

<!-- Media Center Resource XML (Default / English) -->

<MJRS version="1.0">

<ACCELERATORS>

<!-- Customize View...  -->
    <Entry Key="F9" Command="25001" />

</ACCELERATORS>

</MJRS>

When the horizontal cursor is placed on a playlist item and F9 is pressed, it has no effect. The function I am seeking is the same one that exists within the context menu (see image), which appears by right-clicking on the same playlist. It is the last menu entry, 'Customize View...'.

Any thoughts on how to make this happen or the reason why my override method in ...\Custom Resources\Resource.xml is incorrect?

Cheers,
Lawrence
Two Cows Walk Into a Bar ...

aviateur

• World Citizen

... further clarification

Please note, the 'accelerator' syntax is correct because it operates properly in the Audio section. Note the 'F9' that appears to the right of respective 'Customize View...' menu item (see image). As implied in the original post, the 'not functioning' issue is in the Playlists section.

aviateur

• World Citizen

...looking for some assistance from the JRiver brain trust.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe

Make your line look like this:

Code: [Select]
<Entry Key="F9" Command="25001" Param="0" TranslateFlags="4" />

aviateur

• World Citizen

'wer', thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, your suggestion yielded the same unsuccessful behavior I first reported, and is now documented in the first row of the matrix below. It did not change the result or yield any different behavior. I decided to explore the matter further.

After drilling down a little deeper in the MCC Core Commands table (https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands), I discovered an additional command, 26009, MCC_LIST_CUSTOMIZE_VIEW, with which I experimented along with 25001, MCC_EDIT_VIEW_SCHEME.

The testing used F9 and F10 for accelerator key assignments in overriding manner. Please note, I am aware that the default assignments for F9 and F10 are, respectively,  ‘Edit Smartlist’ and ‘Add Playlist Group’. So when the results state that a key is working or not working, I am specifically referring to the custom accelerator assignments established in column 1, which may be F9, F10 or both.

The empirical , albeit strange, results are documented in the matrix below.

Cheers,
Lawrence

wer

• Citizen of the Universe

I actually didn't notice in that followup post of yours you said it worked in some places just not on Playlists.

Glad you got it working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up