INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import and Update From Tags randomly hang for 30 seconds  (Read 327 times)

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Import and Update From Tags randomly hang for 30 seconds
« on: January 22, 2021, 03:12:18 am »

(this is a repost of an old issue - got no answer before)

I still see some bad behavior related to file/CODEC analysis, and is easily reproducible.

When importing a few dozen video files with the AutoImporter or just doing "update library from tags" on a selection of files, it usually imports/processes at a rate of 2 or 3 files per second. But it frequently stops for 30-60 seconds before continuing. This correlates with bad/missing info on the Compression, Dimensions, Bitrate, Duration and other fields. Doing an "update library from tags" again on these files will re-analyze the file and correctly populate the fields if you do it one by one; doing it in batch may result again in lockups and bad info, and not on the same files (random). This feels like a multithreading lock/timeout.

To reproduce, just select a bunch of video files on your library and do "update library from tags" on them. Check the "Processing" file counter.

I imported a batch of 52 MP4/MKV files. Here's the result:
- 2 files with blank values on compression/duration/bitrate/etc
- 6 files with "video: unknown codec"
- 1 file with Video: AVC1 (wrong, it was h264)
- 2 files with Audio: LAV AAC ADTS" (wrong, it was plain "aac")
- the rest looks OK, but I can't be sure unless I check one by one :(

Selecting the 9 bad files and "updating from tags" again fixed some, but still stopped 3 times and resulted in wrong info again. Doing it multiple times results in random stops and random bad values.

Doing "update from tags" one by one sometimes also locks up (30 seconds) and also returns bad info, but usually works.
Changing the MP4/MKV file association to "Automatic" from "External" makes no difference, lockups still happen.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Import and Update From Tags randomly hang for 30 seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 12:59:24 pm »

We're going to try something for the next build.

JRWorker was stalling to analyze for a strange reason, so I'm going to try working around it.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zybex

• MC Beta Team
Re: Import and Update From Tags randomly hang for 30 seconds
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 01:54:32 pm »

The fix works :) thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up