INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UHD Videos reporting 0 length  (Read 573 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
UHD Videos reporting 0 length
« on: January 24, 2021, 04:41:17 am »

I've noticed a few UHD rips turning up in my library recently without an entry in the duration field but they play normally and the duration is shown correctly at playback time. Running audio analysis again doesn't help.

Is this a known issue?

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: UHD Videos reporting 0 length
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 06:26:03 am »

I've seen something similar when importing new UHD movies into my library.
What I then do is right click the movie and select Library Tools> Update Library from Tags, this usually makes MC re-read the file info correctly.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 06:56:30 am »

There were some fixes on video analysis on latest beta which could solve your issue

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 10:38:00 am »

There were some fixes on video analysis on latest beta which could solve your issue
already using latest but still have the same problem

What I then do is right click the movie and select Library Tools> Update Library from Tags, this usually makes MC re-read the file info correctly.
this worked, thanks. Presumably must be a bug in MC somewhere then.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 06:28:35 pm »

Yes, I meant that those new fixes hopefully means that when you now new import video files the analyze will be successful and you don't need to "update library from tags" for new files until MC succeeds but of course for old files where the analyzing was failed you need to do so to finalize video analysis properly. Be aware that "update from tags" will clear your rating field

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 02:51:39 am »

Yes, I meant that those new fixes hopefully means that when you now new import video files the analyze will be successful and you don't need to "update library from tags" for new files until MC succeeds but of course for old files where the analyzing was failed you need to do so to finalize video analysis properly. Be aware that "update from tags" will clear your rating field
I had reanalysed with latest (58) already and it still didn't set a duration until I updated from tags

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 03:06:32 am »

Just to be clear what do you mean by "reanalyzed". Moving video to different location on disk and import it as a new? MC will probably use old analysis if you just removed from video from library and imported it again from same location

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 03:17:43 am »

"update from tags" is basically what you do to re-analyze a video. What else did you do? :)
Its likely that the analysis was hanging and causing this, but that should be fixed now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 03:25:15 am »

Build 58 has a fix for the Video Analyzer hanging, which caused missing tags/info. It works for me, it no longer hangs and all tags are now populated.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128348.0.html

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 04:18:58 am »

Reanalyse == manually run audio analysis

Is video analysis some different process which is not manually (re)runnable?

File had all audio analysis info on first import except for duration and selected the right track to play on playback. Rerunning audio analysis completed normally and made no difference to duration field.

Updating from tags did update the duration field.

I haven't noticed anything hanging recently and things have been ripping/importing without issue (apart from this duration problem on a subset of uhd discs).

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 04:53:00 am »

"Video analysis" basically just means reading the file metadata, which is done on initial import or on "update tags from file". The same applies to audio files really, video is only a more elaborate process there since it does it in a seperate process for performance and stability reasons (when it isn't bugged).

Audio analysis just runs the audio through the analyzer, it does not update metadata like duration or such.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 04:55:04 am »

Right ok, I had assumed duration was part of audio analysis given that it is listed as a column in that dialog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up