INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete duplicate tracks from Playing Now window, not from Library  (Read 598 times)

gryffe

• Recent member

Is it possible to temporarily delete duplicate tracks from an album you have selected to play, as opposed to delete the tracks from your library.

eg if I select a 10 track album and 50 tracks appear in the window, is there an option to quickly do a blanket remove of the 40 excess tracks without doing it manually, and then JRiver would just play the 10 tracks that remain (until the next time of course when the 40 tracks would appear again!).

I swear this was an option years ago, but despite playing about with options I cannot find anything obvious that would do this

Thanks in advance.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Delete duplicate tracks from Playing Now window, not from Library
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 05:35:48 am »

move mouse over the tab header of playing now tab and wait for list and select "Remove duplicates from playing now"

gryffe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 05:46:26 am »

Hi thanks for reply. Sorry I can't seem to see an option to do his - don't suppose you could send a screenshot?  ;)

Thanks

Edit - I've found it, but when I select "Remove duplicates from Playing now" it doesn't work.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 06:40:05 am »

Edit - I've found it, but when I select "Remove duplicates from Playing now" it doesn't work.

That's because they're not duplicates. You seem to have the same files on 5 different folders, all imported into MC.
A duplicate for MC is a file with the same path and filename. What you have is the same albums imported 5 times from 5 different folders - for all MC knows, they could be different versions of the song.

You need to cleanup your library and possibly your storage as well. Import just one collection/folder, without copies (unless you want them)

gryffe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 07:38:44 am »

Thanks for that, I've work to do obviously! :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up