Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB  (Read 1185 times)

hertz

• Recent member
  • Hi there
YADB
« on: January 16, 2003, 02:34:01 am »

Is there a way to use CDDB instead of YADB ? At least, CDDB is able to find "Out Of Time" from "REM", when YADB is not (where has it been living?)

Or is there a way to use simply the system's info file (the .txt thing which contains CD infos)?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: YADB
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 04:49:10 am »

CDDB is no longer supported. Search the archives for more info.

I have three entries for REM's out of time. If you'd like to help, I'd appreciate it if you'd try again, and let me know the exact time you did the lookup. Also if you know your IP address, that makes it easier for me. Is it a store bought or home ripped CD?

j

hertz

• Recent member
  • Hi there
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 05:13:41 am »

It's a store bought CD. I tried about three hours ago.

I'm not home at the moment, so I cannot give you my IP address (it changes from time to time anyway, so I'm not sure it will be the same when I get back).

Still, I have the impression that CDDB is a bit more cultured than YADB (I've made some other tests).

In any case, a very simple solution would be, when YADB doesn't find something, to try CDDB with another soft (like Winamp) and to use that result in MC. But I didn't find the way to do that. I'll try again.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 05:34:24 am »

I found your lookup. The hashing algorithm really isn't finding it. I'll see what I can do.

Other programs use the cdplayer.ini file, so you can do the lookup with them, and Media Jukebox should see the results.

j

hertz

• Recent member
  • Hi there
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 11:12:57 am »

Thanks.

I tried again and it failed, just one minute ago.

Anyway, I'll try the cdplayer.ini method.
Pages: [1]   Go Up