INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Scheme Complete Albums: Only display subgenres shared by entire album  (Read 295 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I'm trying to set up a view scheme that displays my complete albums by Genre > Subgenre > Album. Easy, got that part.

So I select (Genre) "Pop/Rock", then (Subgenre) "Indie Rock" and bingo, I get the relevant albums. I click on one of the albums and, whoa, it only has 1 track!  What's going on? I don't want to listen to just 1 track.

Of course, it appears there because it meets the requirements:  it is "on" a complete album, and it meets the Genre and Subgenre requirements. The problem is that that track is on a (genre) Country album - but this individual track is tagged as (genre) Pop/Rock because it *is* Pop/Rock.

Like many here, I might tag genres and subgenres on an album level, but as I listen to tracks I modify their individual genre/subgenres for the track rather than the album. While this makes it easy to listen to "all tracks tagged as Genre "Country", it makes it more difficult to listen to complete albums tagged with a specific Genre/Subgenre when one of the tracks differs.

So...

Is there a way for me tell my view scheme to do this: 
"Display my complete albums by Genre, where *most* of the tracks have the same Genre, and when I then select my Subgenre Category, only display complete albums that share the same subgenre tag (and disregard the subgenres not shared by all)".

I realize I could create yet another custom field for either "Album Genre" and "Album subgenre" while keeping the defaults for tracks, but in the last 20 years of using MC I have accumulated way too many custom tags and I really would prefer not to add any new ones.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up