INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tivo HMO image problem  (Read 1553 times)

jbuch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Tivo HMO image problem
« on: April 09, 2003, 06:29:48 pm »

I have my pictures stored in the My Pictures folders organized with subfolders.  There are some pictures that I haven't organized into folders--they are just in the root My Pictures folder.  I created a view by Location and pointed it to the My Pictures folder.  I can view all my pictures that are in subfolders ok on my Tivo but I'm not able to view the pictures in my root My Pictures folder.  Is this a bug or is there changes I need to make in my view?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Tivo HMO image problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 07:00:01 pm »

Hi jbuch

There is a small confusion here: Media Server only shows what is in Media Center's database, not what is stored on the hard disk. Start Media Center, make sure you can see your pictures there. If you can't import them and everything will be ok.

j

jbuch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 08:14:07 pm »

I have it sorting by filename so it organized the pictures into the same file structure that I have on my hard drive.  In Media Center, when I click on Location (A view I created) under Images I can see every image file that I've imported.  That includes every album cover, picture, etc...  If I expand Location, I can see the subdirectories in the My Pictures Folder.  When I go to view pictures on the Tivo, I can click on Media Library and then Location and all that shows up are the subfolders under My Pictures.  I can't see any other pictures.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 07:46:58 am »

When you click on a subfolder, you'll see the pictures in that subfolder.

TiVo and Media Center don't always display things the same way. When you click on "Location"  in Media Center, it shows the subfolders underneath, and on the right shows all the files in all the subfolders. TiVo, however, when you look at location specifically asks for only the subfolder, NOT for the files within the subfolders.

j

jbuch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 08:47:17 am »

Maybe it's not possible to do what I wanted.  I was hoping to be able to from within TIVO click on a folder and have it show the My Pictures folder with files and subfolders that hold more files.  That is how it is organized on my computer.  Is there any view that would allow you to do this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 09:44:43 am »

Maybe it's not possible to do what I wanted.  I was hoping to be able to from within TIVO click on a folder and have it show the My Pictures folder with files and subfolders that hold more files.  That is how it is organized on my computer.  Is there any view that would allow you to do this?

For sure -- you can look at media in lots and lots of ways in MC (and therefore on the TiVo) including this one.

You just need to create a "View Scheme" under Media Library to do what you want.  In MC, right-click on Media Library (or Media Library\Images or Media Library\Audio) and pick "Add New View Scheme..."

Then, add the pieces you want.  In your case, add a "Filename" piece to the View Scheme.  You can optionally pick a base path like "My Pictures" if you like.  After creating this scheme, you should be able to browse your music just like you see it on the hard drive.

Play around and maybe check the help if you have more questions.  There's a lot of power in that system once you're used to it.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jbuch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 10:00:28 am »

That's exactly the view that I made with a base path of My Pictures.  On the Tivo, when you go to view it you will not be able to see any of your pictures that are in My Pictures unless they are in a subfolder.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 02:31:18 pm »

Hi jbuch,

Short answer: we're working on it.

Long answer: this is a problem caused between viewing things as a database or a file system. I won't go into details, but it's hard to get a nice 1-1 mapping between what a file system does and what a database does - you either get too much or too little. Right now, it is too little (we miss some files being shown as thumbnails, but if you click play on their parent folder, they will be played).

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up