INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display tracklisting of songs contained in a single mp3 file when playing?  (Read 413 times)

pjr

Hi,

I am brand new to JRiver and am evaluating it and loving what I'm seeing so far.

I have large number of DJ mixes in my library recorded from the radio as single mp3 files (BBC Essential mixes for example) and was wondering if there is anyway to display the a tracklist of the mix as any part of a now playing view?

I know something similar is possible for Lyric lookup for more traditional music, but I was thinking along the lines of the Noire Track Info view but with the ability to show the content of a linked txt file perhaps?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Display tracklisting of songs contained in a single mp3 file when playing?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 06:30:14 pm »

Welcome.  I don't think there is a way.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 06:36:50 pm »

Sometimes mixes like these have a cue sheet which has a list of the tracks and the timing. That allows MC to show the mixes as individual tracks. You might look and see if your mixes have cue sheets available.

Here is an example of a cue sheet for an Essential Mix. Not sure if there is a source for all the shows.

https://telcontar.net/store/archive/tracklists/John%20%2700%27%20Fleming%20-%20Radio%201%20Essential%20Mix%202001-11-11.cue

You might be able to create cue files manually from the track list, although it is a somewhat daunting task unless you can automate it.

wer

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 06:51:38 pm »

You could create Particles. This will let the different songs show in the interface as "virtual tracks".

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

pjr

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 02:29:28 am »

Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys - food for thought.

pjr

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 12:12:14 pm »

After playing around with various features I stumbled across the "Notes" Field in tags for my MP3 mix files, and found a visualization that displayed multiple panes including album art as well as the contents of the Notes field!

JACKPOT!!!  :) :) :) :)

I just need to learn some of the visualization editor steps and should be able to create a custom view to show the mix of visualisations and notes I am after.
Pages: [1]   Go Up