INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: configure JRiver to interact with playback designs mps-5  (Read 1914 times)

leostro

configure JRiver to interact with playback designs mps-5
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:43:22 am »

Hi all,

this is my first post in this forum, I am not an HI-FI expert but I am helping my father-in-law with configuring JRiver to work with a playback designs mps-5 player (https://www.audio-activity.com/playback-designs-mps-5-en.html)

I followed all the instructions of user manual and hints received from Playback designs to configure JRiver properly to work with it.

I download and installed the last version if JRiver.
I understand that I need to set JRiver options to work exploiting an ASIO plugin (that I assume is part of the installation of JRiver, is it right?)
I followd user manuals and the ordered sequence of oprations the get the stuff work (turn on the MP5, after connect it with USB, etc)

I assumed the laptop is connected properly with MPS-5 because I can see it in Device Manager windows of Windows 10.

I configured JRiver as shown in jriver options.jpg attached file (this settings have been suggested by Playback design owner, so I assume they are correct).
The MPS-5 seems setup in the right way too, in mps5 front.jpg attached image you can see the message, that should be the right one.

After have done this I tried to choose a random source in JRiver (I am using BBC streaming radio) but the sound is coming out from laptop speakers... :(
A strange fact for me is that I cannot view any alternative audio output device listed in Windows (see third attached image). IS it right or something related to an ASIO output has to be shown?

Can someone help me in configuring this?
Am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance
Leo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: configure JRiver to interact with playback designs mps-5
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 07:20:22 am »

The ASIO driver should be provided by the manufacturer.

The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up