INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.66 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 6331 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 27.0.66 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:48:34 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270066-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270066.exe

27.0.66 (2/10/2021)

1. NEW: When playing a DMS channel associated with a DMS device, the IP address of the channel is checked against the device's current IP address.  If the two are different, MC automatically updates the channel URL to match the device.
2. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir).
3. Changed: Removed the URLs from the share dialog.
4. NEW: Added "Share" toolbar buttons.

27.0.65 (2/9/2021)

1. Changed: Added URL escapement to the share URLs.
2. NEW: Added a right-click command in explorer folders to open the folder in Windows Explorer.
3. Changed: Media Editor is signed to make the run warning a little less scary.
4. Changed: When sharing, a choice is offered about what link to place on the clipboard.

27.0.64 (2/8/2021)

1. Changed: Renamed getting a file URL to "Share...".
2. NEW: Generated a new file sharing MCWS call that does not require authentication.  The file key is encrypted, so there is no way to guess any longer.
3. NEW: When sharing, a local IP is also provided along with the remote IP.
4. Fixed: Fast forward / rewind did not work when playing a DMS TV channel.
5. Changed: Showing the day for a year only date will show an empty string instead of one.
6. NEW: Added a way to reset your sharing credentials to Options > Media Network (will make all previous shares invalid).

27.0.63 (2/5/2021)

1. Changed: Reverted changes to MCWS authentication requirements.

27.0.62 (2/5/2021)

1. NEW: If you pick "Rip & Replace" when ripping a disc again, the genre, date, and comments will be copied from the original (the artist, album, track, and name already have to match).
2. Changed: When opening 3 or 5 channel files, we will try to auto-configure as 5.1 and offer that as one of the choices.
3. Changed: When opening 7 channel files, we will try to auto-configure as 7.1 and offer that as one of the choices.
4. Changed: Tweaked the text of the auto-configure dialog to be more clear and to not report the bitdepth (since that isn't the actual output bitdepth).
5. Fixed: Google lyrics lookup could contain junk at the end of the lyrics.
6. Changed: MCWS no longer requires authentication for functions marked to not require authentication.
7. NEW: Added the right-click command Get Sharing URL... to get a URL from MCWS to share externally (it uses your external IP address, so you will need to set port forwarding on your router).
8. Fixed: TV Channel grouping did not work with DMS channels.
9. NEW: When running "Auto Group" on all TV channels, users are presented with a list of tuner types to select, so one can choose which types of channels are included in the auto group process.

27.0.61 (2/2/2021)

1. Fixed: Filling the selected files from Theater View could get all the files instead of just the selected files.
2. Fixed: DLNA server, when the Audio output is set to "Selected Format only when Necessary" wav and mp3 files wouldn't be converted if the output format selected was the same as the input format which prevented DSD studio transformations from being applied.
3. NEW: DLNA conversion to DSD (dsf 1x).

27.0.60 (1/29/2021)

1. NEW: When ripping a disc again, a dialog with three choices will be shown allowing you to continue, replace, or cancel.
2. Changed: Changed implementation of DMS TV channel playback and recording.  It should behave much better, in particular when playing a channel that is currently recording.
3. Fixed: If MC was started connected to a library server and the user switched to the main library, there were multiple superfluous error boxes popped up.

27.0.59 (1/25/2021)

1. Changed: Waveform data is no longer being created for Video content.
2. Fixed: The change to grouping fields could cause other issues.  Feedback appreciated.
3. NEW: Added the video type MXF to the player.
4. Faster: The program loads faster.

27.0.58 (1/22/2021)

1. Changed: When editing a field, if one of the values is empty it will be added to the list of choices instead of removed.
2. NEW: AviSynth Filter is added to the white list for "video post processing" filters.
3. Fixed: Switching Analyzer in and out of "High resolution" could crash while playing.
4. Fixed: Getting an expression with the API could perform extra (and unwanted) cleaning of the output.
5. NEW: When ripping a disc for the second time, a confirmation message is shown to let you know and allow you to cancel.
6. Changed: When auto-sizing columns, width for sort arrows is included.
7. Changed: Made the analyzer fall off faster (especially in high resolution mode).
8. Fixed: The video analyzer could sometimes take a long time.

27.0.57 (1/20/2021)

1. Changed: Improved the DSP Studio analyzer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.66 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 08:14:41 am »

In a previous post in a recent built I reported:

Attempting to add YouTube Music to MC under Streaming Media.
Changed MC options to use Chrome browser as YouTube said IE was not supported.
Restarted MC, opened YouTube Music just fine,but when I attempted to sign in it responded:

Couldn’t sign you in
This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.

Help?

This is also true for regular YOUTUBE as well.
If you cannot sign in to use your saved settings, playlists, etc . . . . then having YouTube in MC is useless.
Perhaps you can update the Chromium bits you are using?

So, is this a "bug" or is this the normal intended operating situation?
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 11:38:01 am »

This is expected behaviour.

Google has blocked all embedded browsers from logging into YouTube.
Not a lot JRiver can do about it.

WVM

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 09:17:06 am »

27.0.66 Clear Played From Now removes played and playing track and then stops playing at end of that track.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:49:13 am »

27.0.66 Clear Played From Now removes played and playing track and then stops playing at end of that track.

That's because of this change:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=128313.0

I'll try to tune it a little more next build:
Changed: Clearing the played files from Playing Now will not remove the current file if you're playing (but will if you're stopped).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

WVM

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 07:41:27 am »

Great thanks Matt, I look forward to next build. It might be nice to have some user control and options over this playlist behavior if possible e.g. for my some playlists I'd like it to auto delete from list after play so the top track is always the one that's playing, but I understand not all people would want that, and I wouldn't want it for all playlists. Having options and choice over them could be good.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 02:50:03 pm »

I'm getting incomplete shutdown errors on startup after using the Dirac Live VST2 plugin (v1.4.0) during playback.
Log attached.

Soundwave

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 09:02:31 pm »

There's a possible three longstanding issues that have been around a while now I think. Though the second two issues may be misdiagnosed if my RME DAC isn't telling the truth, or is malfunctioning due to company ASIO driver used.

The first, is when clicking the little Cog Icon next to the Shuffle and Repeat Icons, and you choose "Playback Options". If you click X to close the window, you will always be asked if you want to "Save Changes", even if you've made none. Pressing Cancel, or Okay, doesn't result in this issue. Also choosing to Save or Not Save the changes, doesn't matter. Regardless of what you do, if you close the window using the X icon, it will always ask if you want to save changes.

The second, and I think a bit peculiar issue has to do with DSP Studio's Volume Leveling, and Adaptive Volume settings, and how both Sox and/or SSRC upsampling is causing clipping possibly due to not paying attention to intersample overs due to volume DSP being first applied and only then, finally, resampling in the end. So I'm not sure if resampling is the issue, or just the order of operations being the cause of issues. Oh and I've used 2x integer upsampling to avoid any potential "issues" that could possibly eek out in that realm of not using integer multiples. Also, many tracks will clip with Volume Leveling + Night/Speaker mode of Adaptive Volume regardless if there is any sort of resampling.

So a few things here.

I have no idea what the difference between Night Mode and Small Speakers actually translates to (I've read the wiki, but I simply don't see any information about the differences of these two Adaptive Volume options).

Secondly, both of these options have potential to clip music that doesn't clip otherwise according to the level meters on my RME DAC. Even if Volume Leveling is used, it has no effect that I could see in preventing clipping.

I don't understand how Volume Leveling works according to the Wiki. It makes a distinction between Playlist leveling, versus Album leveling. I don't understand which is engaged and when. For instance, I simply listen to my music in the most basic way possible: by pressing the song I want played, it's loaded into the default "Now Playing" list along with the entire album the song is a part of. I don't understand if this is a "Playlist" or an "Album", and what happens if I manually add a few songs not from the album by manually using "Add to Now Playing"? Like how would I know if there is an Album Volume Leveling occurring, versus Playlist Volume Leveling. I most certainly don't understand how this would "work intelligently" with Volume Leveling.

As far as the resampling ordeal. I would just ask perhaps if the devs could make sure the SoX version they're using is somewhat up to date in case there have been some appreciable fixes (not that I would know anything about this, since I'm not verse in how either sampling methods function).
Pages: [1]   Go Up