INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 27.66 issues  (Read 515 times)

rbmjr

• World Citizen
MC 27.66 issues
« on: February 17, 2021, 08:25:44 am »

I've used MC for years, and have been very proud of my decision to go with this product. I have AWED my neighbors and friends with MC's versatility. WOWED them with the Smart Playlists. I NEVER had a problem with the software till MC27 arrived and now I have experienced MULTIPLE issues with this release:

1) months ago I reported that Player | More Stop items were no longer working that was with MC 27.4x
2) Yesterday I reported that with MC 27.66 playlists sent to a DLNA renderer no longer work, as in; Select a playlist | click Send to |choose a renderer | and watch as the first track says "Waiting....", nothing plays, then the next track tries to start and again it says "Waiting....." and nothing plays, then the third track tries to play and again it says "Waiting....." and nothing plays, then the fourth track.... etc. etc. till the entire playlist is looped through.

Since these are two CORE functions of MC that I use everyday I was EXTREMELY UPSET with MC 27.66 when I went to play music last night. Please allow me to apologize. I know I was UPSET with the Player | More Stop issues in MC 27.4x and I was EXTREMELY UPSET upon discovering the DLNA renderer issues in MC 27.66 release. After years and years of reliable product upgrades this is the first time CORE stuff stopped working. To make things more frustrating, yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled MC 27 back to the 27.2x version where there was product stability only to forget to disable updates and have MC auto-upgrade to the .66 release again bringing back issue (2).

Maybe issue (1) is fixed but until MC 27.66 talks to my DLNA renderers how will I know?

I have gone back to using MC26, which isn't what anyone who paid for an upgrade to 27 should have to do, so I hope the team can resolve these issues and return MC 27 to the class of software products that I am proud to use.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 27.66 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:18:08 am »

Double check your settings in both version.   Don't forget conversion.

rbmjr

• World Citizen
Re: MC 27.66 issues
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 12:06:28 pm »

Apparently I shot myself in the foot. a side by side comparison of MC26 and MC27 showed that I had unchecked "DLNA" and "DLNAExtra" in the Advanced section of DLNA Servers. Can't imagine why I did that. What could I possibly have been trying to accomplish? As the saying goes "Some days you feel like an idiot and some days you don't" Today is my day....
Pages: [1]   Go Up