INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playchart  (Read 291 times)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Playchart
« on: February 20, 2021, 03:45:02 am »

Playchart has some default rules, which if you want to override you need to insert your own rules. But from what I see on Playchart behaviour is not quite working. As of now Playchart or Play Doctor it has a default limits on number of items.
From 100, 250, 500 and 1000. If I want to modify this rules and add my own number lets says from 1 to N, the playchart work as intended. But at the time when has to add songs or it adds more than it needs or adds the same songs multiple times.
I did some testing before coming here so my test are like this:
Adding 1 song with some rules related to that song doesn't add a next song and stop it, probably because when rules says 1 item it has one so this way it can't add another;
Adding 5 songs as a limit rules the Playchart added them, but as the first song finish it had another 5 songs, which this remove the rules of 5;
Adding 50 songs again the same issue, it's adding them and after the song is finish it adds another 50 songs.
All above of them ignore any other rules which maybe has not to add duplicates or songs which was been played in the last period or depends on what rules you impose.
Using the default limit numbers of items on Playchart is working Ok.
Now a solution to this, is maybe to ignore the default limits number of items when adding your rules with how many items you want to have in Playchart but to respect your rules. Not adding irrelevant number of items, duplicates or whatever, or add more selection as of the number limits from 1, 25, 50 or something similar.
Another thing which doesn't say much is what the "Variety" means. For me selecting the first, second or third option don't do too much, maybe because the Playchart follow some of my rules.
I will try more testing on Playchart and see if I miss something.
Any thoughts?

Pages: [1]   Go Up