INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Expression-Column field in list view for "RELEASETIME" and "RELEASE"  (Read 371 times)

Purecut

• World Citizen

Hallo,

I have a problem with my media files in MC27. All my tracks (mp3, flac) have a TAG-Field "Release-Date" od the track. All the tracks are taged with mp3tag. I need the TAG "Release-Date" to spin down the Genres. Whne I use the  List Tag for mp3 files (Date release) the column will be filled, but nor for flac files. The FLAC TAG is called (RELEASETIME) and in List view called ("Release"). In this case I have two separate columns for the Release (Release and Release-Date). The problem is that I need these two TAGS joined together in the List view in one Expression-Column. This must be handled with a function and here is my problem to solve this.

When I insert a new Expression-Col um for example "Track-Release" than must be in the "Expression section a "function" insert that should look something like this:

if tracks is .mp3 than "Release-Date" else .flac "Release".

The Date Format for flac must also converted  because the Date Format for FLAC "Release" is YYY-MM-DD. The right format should be for FLAC dd.mm.yyyy

Please can some help be to use the right line of code that I must insert into the field so that I get under one Expression-column the Date for mp3 and flac files in format dd.mm.yyyy.

For any help many thanks.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Expression-Column field in list view for "RELEASETIME" and "RELEASE"
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 03:53:02 pm »

Assuming only one of the fields is filled in for a given file:
Code: [Select]
FirstNotEmpty([Release-Date],FormatDate(ConvertDate([Release],yyyy-MM-dd),dd.MM.yyyy))

Purecut

• World Citizen
Re: New Expression-Column field in list view for "RELEASETIME" and "RELEASE"
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 05:28:58 pm »

Thank you very much it works great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up