INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art spacing  (Read 574 times)

jherbert

• World Citizen
Cover art spacing
« on: February 22, 2021, 11:25:15 am »

Why is it that the minimum spacing of cover art is different between views?

Please see screenshots. I would love to have the same look in all views.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art spacing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 12:26:47 pm »

Because you have the zoom control set differently, and you have some non-square cover art images.

Spacing is determined by magnification/zoom-level. Adjust the zoom by moving the horizontal slider control at the upper right corner of the tab.

Tiling of cover art uses a square area for each image. You will never have uniform spacing unless all your cover art images are square, which clearly some are not. You will have to fix that.

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 02:39:14 am »

Because you have the zoom control set differently, and you have some non-square cover art images.

Im am aware of this. Unfortunately this is not the reason. What is shown in the above pictures is the size/spacing just before covers jump to the next step (4>3 covers per row in this case). I am aware of the non-square condition, but this does not cause the behaviour described.

wer

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 04:08:13 am »

I can only go by what you show, and you don't show the zoom control but do show non-square images. And non-square images cause larger inter-image margins.

If you set your thumbnail spacing to be the same in both views (in the dropdown menu on the tab) then then I can't think of anything else to explain it based on those images. But surely you checked that before you posted, so I assume that's set the same.

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 06:35:35 am »

If you set your thumbnail spacing to be the same in both views (in the dropdown menu on the tab)...

Thank you for that hint. In case you are not talking about the slider: Where would I find this tab and the associated dropdown? I am not aware of it (though using the program for more than a decade now).

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 08:51:45 am »

At the top of the view, there is a dropdown with the name of the current view - like Album.   Hover on Thumbnails and select the thumbnail spacing.

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2021, 01:54:56 am »

At the top of the view, there is a dropdown with the name of the current view - like Album.   Hover on Thumbnails and select the thumbnail spacing.

Thank you. That did the trick. Some of my views were set to "small" instead of "no" spacing". Still so much to learn :) ...

wer

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 02:17:39 am »

Glad you got it sorted out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up