INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto file import not working?  (Read 1142 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Auto file import not working?
« on: January 15, 2003, 04:06:26 pm »

I have set MJ to automatically load new clips: Options > General > Importing and Tagging > Automatically import files into Media Library. And have designated the file location on my server as \\SERVER\Eric\My Music\. Yet the clips do not auto load nor do they appear in the Media Library or Recently Imported. And when should the files (assuming correct settings) appear... at program launch, dynamically after each rip session? Now I'm doing this manually after each CD rip. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Auto file import not working?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 05:49:52 pm »

That is a duesy...they should appear after each rip session. The network target drive shouldn't be a problem...but for grins & giggles temporarily change your target dir to the local HD and do another rip...see what happens. Your running latest MJ v8, I assume. I also assume that the files are brought in when you run Tools>Import Media (which shows that the files are indeed importable).

10-27

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 07:42:10 am »

I rip with EAC/Lame (separate from MJ). Could that be a factor or something to do with file associations? Or perhaps as setting in MJ? Either way, I can manually import the files but auto-import does not function.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 07:56:19 am »

If by auto import you mean MJ automatically looks for new files on startup...it doesn't. You have to initiate the import by running Tools>Import Media.

A also use EAC....

so I have the EAC dir set as d:\temp. For MJ I have two directories...d:\ogg and d:\mp3. After doing any necessary filename changes I move the files over to their respective directories. Then I use Tools>Import Media and point to whichever dir had a content change. That's it...works flawlessly.

10-27

edit > Auto Import simply tells MJ to add a selected file to the DB. For instance, I rip a tune and then open an Explorer window and find the file. Then I right click and select Play. MJ plays it and adds it to the DB. If the Auto Import is unchecked it will play it, but you won't see it anywhere in MJ later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up