INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I display iTunNORM for mp3 files?  (Read 1493 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How can I display iTunNORM for mp3 files?
« on: February 24, 2021, 11:48:29 am »

For some reason I can't display iTunNorm (Soundcheck) info in the tag for mp3's.  Works fine for ALAC.
Can anyone tell me what string I need to use? I tried a bunch with no success.
See snapshot for more info.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: How can I display iTunNORM for mp3 files?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 11:26:29 pm »

From your screenie it looks like mp3 files use a different name COMM (iTunNORM) for that Tag. If that is correct and alac files are using iTunNorm you will need to add the Tag Name displayed in the tag dump for the mp3 files into the database so that you can see, and use, the data from both mp3 and alac files inside mc.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 06:36:53 am »

From your screenie it looks like mp3 files use a different name COMM (iTunNORM) for that Tag. If that is correct and alac files are using iTunNorm you will need to add the Tag Name displayed in the tag dump for the mp3 files into the database so that you can see, and use, the data from both mp3 and alac files inside mc.
Did you try it? Just try it and you’ll see it doesn’t work for MP3. If you have a working syntax let me know...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 06:58:34 am »

Custom tags you add must have exactly the same name, including case.

It's also possible the tag is stored in the iTunes database, but not in the file's tag.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 07:03:06 am »

Custom tags you add must have exactly the same name, including case.

It's also possible the tag is stored in the iTunes database, but not in the file's tag.
No it isn’t. You can see it in the tag dump from my snapshot in my original post. I also see it in Foobar, mp3 tag and dbPoweramp...I tried all possible combinations several times as a custom tag in MC without success. I’m hoping someone in your team will try it and let me know what I’m doing wrong or if there’s a bug...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 07:11:59 am »

No it isn’t. You can see it in the tag dump from my snapshot in my original post. I also see it in Foobar, mp3 tag and dbPoweramp...I tried all possible combinations several times as a custom tag in MC without success. I’m hoping someone in your team will try it and let me know what I’m doing wrong or if there’s a bug...
Then it's likely that the name of the tag is different.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 07:53:52 am »

It’s the standard itunnorm tag accepted by iTunes. Still dependent on it for iPhone sync.

Can anyone just try it? Shouldn’t take more than 10
Minutes...

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 08:55:38 am »

No experience here, but searching I found a dBpoweramp thread that suggested COMMENT ITUNNORM should be used for mp3.  I also saw one reference to COMMENT:ITUNNORM

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?32951-iTunes-Soundcheck-tag-COMMENT-ITUNNORM-vs-ITUNNORM

If you have a hex editor, you can open the file and see what you find within the file.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 12:37:53 pm »

Still haven't figured that one out  ? ? ? >:(

What am I missing??
Pages: [1]   Go Up