INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art - "failed to load from inside file"  (Read 808 times)

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover Art - "failed to load from inside file"
« on: February 24, 2021, 06:08:06 pm »

I downloaded an album in the .aif format.  As I was tagging it, the album art disappeared and the text <failed to load from inside file> appeared in the Image window.

I have tried:
- Remove Cover Art and re-add my art
- Remove Cover Art and re-add the art from a different source
- Rebuild Thumbnail
- Delete, reload, and re-tag my music files from that album
- Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory -- This adds the cover art, but once you click off of the album, the art goes back to it <failed to load from inside file> is back

I added the Image File view column and when I add cover art, it shows "Inside File".  There is no album art in the tag Image window and the Image window shows <various internal image>.  When I click on the individual files, the Inside File changes to blank.

Looking for ideas to fix this.  Thanks

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Cover Art - "failed to load from inside file"
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 09:55:17 am »

As an update, when I look at the files in Finder, the cover art is attached.  I tried deleting the thumbnail cache and rebuilding it, but that did not help either.

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 10:53:50 am »

Update #2

I found that as I was trying different techniques to add the Album Art, I had increased the file size from 175MB to 4.5GB.

I changed converted the file from .aif to .m4a (ALAC) and the Covert Art is sticking inside the file and the file size has gone back to 175MB.

As I now have the storage space, was looking to store my music uncompressed, but if JRiver doesn't support .aif, then I will have to keep compressing.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:08:18 am »

Looks to me that the different formats are storing art in a different way. When you "add" art, aif might just store all the ones you add (I am not sure) while other formats may store only the latest one you add. I always "remove" all art before adding the one I want.
In terms of compression, my understanding is that FLAC and ALAC are lossless and thus make no difference to quality. So leaving files uncompressed just uses up more space but has otherwise no advantage. That's just my understanding, I may be wrong.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 05:09:35 pm »

What I think was happening was that it kept adding art, hence the bloated file sizes.  Remove Cover Art didn't appear to do anything.  This would explain the multiple images message, but no idea how to actually remove the old cover art.  With an ALAC file, Remove Cover Art, actually purges the cover art.

When I download music, I prefer to get an AIFF copy as my archive.  I then convert it to ALAC for use in my collection.  Thought by going back to AIFF, I could save space by not needing to back up the original files.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 10:07:20 am »

This would explain the multiple images message, but no idea how to actually remove the old cover art.
Have you tried Tag Editor? You should be able to remove all cover art with it. I use it before I import files into MC as it allows me to "clean" the tags and it also searches for the most appropriate metadata (YMMV).
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

MajorCyco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 03:16:41 pm »

No, just using the tag edit function within MC.  I will check it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up