INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import not working as expected  (Read 348 times)

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Auto Import not working as expected
« on: February 26, 2021, 12:28:19 pm »

I set up a local library and server for a test to try and figure out how to get a new library field, "Date Acquired", so that I could test its functionality.  I am using MC27 build 66 on a Windows 10 x64 machine.

In the process I may have broken the auto-import function.  The music files are located in a desktop folder called JRiver Test Library.  I have three albums that I can move in or out of the folder at will.  I have set up the auto-import function for this library to import auto-import from that folder.

Putting the three albums into the folder results in the auto-import function working as expected.  Pulling the three albums out of the folder and putting them elsewhere, however, results in the library thinking the albums are still in there until you try to play the songs and then you get an error.  Doing a manual "import" of the now empty folder results in the now missing files from being removed from the library.  It's always been my experience that if you remove an album from the auto-import folder the library watch dog would remove the now missing album auto-magically.  Is this not the case?  Of course, it's not out of the realm of possibility that I've lost my mind and forgot how it is supposed to work.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Import not working as expected
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 01:50:21 pm »

I suggest you just delete the files from the library manually.

The automatic behavior depends on how you have "Fix Broken Links" option set.
Pages: [1]   Go Up