INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export library?  (Read 970 times)

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Export library?
« on: April 08, 2003, 10:00:35 pm »

What is the File-->Library->Export to XML feature for?  Those of you who use that feature, what do you do with it?

I was looking for a way to export  my artist, album, track, etc. data to an Excel file (or something).  Perhaps I'm over looking how that is done.  

nila

Re: Export library?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 12:35:33 am »

I'm just waiting for: 'Export to SQL' :)
Then I can integrate all my files with my own custom web frontend and get php to call MC with a command line instruction telling it to export to SQL, then make it read in the file, add it to mySQL, then display all the info - WAHOO!! :)

lol.

Export to XML is just to give you a way to export that is easily sorted and read - XML is a great format for a lot of different programs etc to read.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 08:11:22 am »

What programs work well with XML?  I know I can view it in my browser but it's totally unorganized.  

I guess there is no way to view my library in Excel?  Bummer.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 08:40:07 am »

1. Select the tracks you wish to copy

2. Choose edit -> Copy  (or hit ctrl-c)

3. Switch to Excel

4. Choose edit -> paste

5. Its easy to get it into a SQL database from there

You can also paste directly into a table in MS Access

nila

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 08:44:46 am »

Ah but that requires you being there to do it.

I want to be able to get a php page call MJ through a command line with a parameter, get it to export all the library then get the php to read in the sql exported file and execute it on the mySQL server to create a mySQL db of all my music which can then be integrated however I want with my website.

Ideally I'd like to be able to just query MC directly as if it was a db, equivalent to mySQL and have it return all the results to my SQL statements :)

Also, I'd LOVE to be able to import into MJ through SQL as I have a HUGE mySQL db full of data that I'd love to have MC manage but I'm not going to enter it all manually. Way too much for that. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up