INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crossfade at start of track  (Read 481 times)

Cheyworth

• Recent member
Crossfade at start of track
« on: March 06, 2021, 04:00:35 pm »

Hi all, currently jriver fades into a track.  It doesn't matter if its the start of an album or between tracks.  Tried just about everything.  I am connected via USB to my DAC in ASIO mode.

Chris

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Crossgates at start of track
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 04:22:26 pm »

Welcome to the forums.

In Options->Audio you'll see settings under "Track change" and "Stop Seek Skip" that control fading. Make sure those are set for gapless.

You're saying "fades" but I also have to wonder if you're just hearing some silence. If you turn the volume up, can you really hear the music gradually getting louder, which is a fad in?

I ask because there are a couple of other settings on that same screen that be involved.  You might need prebuffering, or you might need a larger value for "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization".  It sounds counterintuitive, but some hardware needs a bit of a warning before it starts playing music, otherwise the first bit of the track will be cut off. This behavior is common in devices connected by USB or HDMI.

So try messing with those settings.

Cheyworth

• Recent member
Re: Crossfade at start of track
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 04:29:56 pm »

May have jumped the gun, a couple of reboots to the pc and it seems fine.  Had just turned off mc then restarted the program.

Anyway,  how can I increase the volume setting if I use the volume normalise setting.  High res tracks are rather on the low side.  And the setting brings other tracks down to that level not bring high res up to the cd quality level.
Pages: [1]   Go Up