INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple instances with different audio drivers  (Read 330 times)

Steviewunda

• Junior Woodchuck
Multiple instances with different audio drivers
« on: March 08, 2021, 10:51:12 pm »

Hi all - is it possible to setup 2 separate instances of Media Center with different audio drivers? I would like to play movies, etc using the Windows Denon AVR Wasapi surround sound drivers, and play music using the Denafrips DAC ASIO drivers - and I'm trying to minimise the amount of reconfiguration I have to do when changing from one to the other. I probably also need to learn some macro writing skills, because the Windows audio drivers also have to be reconfigured. And my programmable remote can do some of the work. Any suggestions gratefully received :-)
Cheers
Steve

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple instances with different audio drivers
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 11:54:28 pm »

You don't need two separate instances of MC for that.

You need Zones.  Learn about that here:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

MC can play to as many different audio devices as you have. Simultaneously if you want.  You can have a different audio device in each zone, or have multiple zones output to the same device but with each zone having different configurations (like DSP, etc).

I doubt there is any need for your Windows driver settings to be constantly reconfigured: when using ASIO or WASAPI, MC can have exclusive access and is able to change the hardware settings on the audio device as necessary.  Learn more here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Exclusive_Access

Steviewunda

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Multiple instances with different audio drivers
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 12:08:06 am »

Thank you very much! Zones looks perfect for my needs :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up