INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to fix "Error 500"  (Read 1124 times)

marlopa

• Recent member
how to fix "Error 500"
« on: March 11, 2021, 09:44:56 pm »

the drive of my laptop failed and had to be replaced. I upgraded to MC27 and I usually stream from https://www.arte.tv/fr/arte-concert/. The page loads, but when I click on any concert I get "ERROR 500 The server encountered an error and could not complete your request. If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this error message and the query that cause it." Alternatively, I get "An error occurred".

Help!!! Any ideas?!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: how to fix "Error 500"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 05:52:23 am »

That could be a genuine server error and if so, it will probably be corrected.

I tried on link that worked.  Please give a couple of examples of links that don't, and people can try them for you.

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 05:28:12 pm »

Thank you for taking a look at it Jim,

The thing is that the stream does open in the regular browser. I am attaching a snapshot. At the left is MC27 at the right is FireFox. MC27 says 'an error occurred' -it is a french site, but sometimes it comes up as the 500 error I mentioned above. I use chromium in the MC27 browser options, but with IE is the same thing. You can see that with FireFox, the thing is playing. So I am pretty sure that the error is on my side. This is the Iggy Pop link I had in the screen: https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/091131-001-F/iggy-pop-live-in-paris/

Other thoughts?

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 05:44:37 pm »

sorry for the double post, below is how it looks with the error 500 thing

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 06:07:18 pm »

I don't know.  Sorry.  I see what you see.  They may be trying to protect it.  If I right click on the video, I get only a copyright message.

Try a Google search to see what you can learn about the site.

Wheaten

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 06:18:19 pm »

It might be driver related or some checks at the provider of the service.
I have this same behavior with Netflix on my MAC. If I watch Netflix within an application (Friendly Streaming), Netflix errors out with internal server errors. But only when I watch it through HDMI. Doing the same via chrome no problem. Using the same application on my Mac display, no problems.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 12:20:21 am »

I’m guessing that the server is rejecting MC’s User-Agent header. I seem to recall that this was changed in a recent build of MC 27..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 03:45:27 pm »

I don't know.  Sorry.  I see what you see.  They may be trying to protect it.  If I right click on the video, I get only a copyright message.

Try a Google search to see what you can learn about the site.

Thank you Jim, the website is an EU cultural project that I have visited for years and only now it is giving problems. I am guessing it is a driver that might be missing after I had my hard drive replaced. But after checking the websites of Intell and HP (the laptop is a spectrum), and using SDI to find new drivers, it seems that I have them all. Cannot figure it out.

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 03:52:15 pm »

It might be driver related or some checks at the provider of the service.
I have this same behavior with Netflix on my MAC. If I watch Netflix within an application (Friendly Streaming), Netflix errors out with internal server errors. But only when I watch it through HDMI. Doing the same via chrome no problem. Using the same application on my Mac display, no problems.

I agree. it must be a driver, I have also checked the drivers of my dragofly, but it all seems ok

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 03:58:40 pm »

I’m guessing that the server is rejecting MC’s User-Agent header. I seem to recall that this was changed in a recent build of MC 27..

Thanks for sharing, do you know if there is asetting I should adjust to address this?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 04:38:10 pm »

^
No I don’t think you can change it yourself. I think JRiver changed something in the last couple of months, so you could try downloading an earlier version, to see if that works. (And if it does, you can ask them to revert the change that they had made).
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 05:23:46 pm »

I agree. it must be a driver, I have also checked the drivers of my dragofly, but it all seems ok

Check out imeric's Thread on WASAPI issues. There is a dragonfly issue you might be able to help with, if your dragonfly is a Audioquest DAC.

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 09:43:19 pm »

^
No I don’t think you can change it yourself. I think JRiver changed something in the last couple of months, so you could try downloading an earlier version, to see if that works. (And if it does, you can ask them to revert the change that they had made).

it didn't work, I tried with MC22 and MC24, and they now did the same. So it must have been something that happened when my hard drive was replaced. Some driver or something else that interacts with JRiver is missing. Thanks for the suggestion though, at least I now know it is not JRiver, the previous versions used to work fine.

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 09:58:44 pm »

Check out imeric's Thread on WASAPI issues. There is a dragonfly issue you might be able to help with, if your dragonfly is a Audioquest DAC.

Done, there is an app that updates the black and red versions, maybe imeric can try it. I have the cobalt version and it works fine. This is the app: https://www.audioquest.com/page/aq-digitalupdates.html

marlopa

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2021, 04:27:27 pm »

I got a response from arte.tv:

"The arte.tv website is running on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 +
- Microsoft Edge 16 +
- Firefox 65 +
- Chrome 73 +
- Safari 10 +"

Would this mean that the IE and Chromium in MC27 is outdated or not compatible with IE 11 and Chrome 73+?
Pages: [1]   Go Up