INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stange Problem - Phone call while wearing blue tooth headphones turns on Movie  (Read 650 times)

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)

Hi there,

Whenever I wear my Bose Bluetooth headphones that are connected to both my phone and computer, a movie will turn on and start playing whenever I get a phone call.  This does not happen with my plantronics headset.  very bizarre problem and I can not seem to figure out how to stop it.

thoughts?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

Do you use gizmo or jremote or a similar jriver remote app on your phone?  Is the movie one you previously started playing with gizmo or jremote? 

I've never had it happen with a movie, but I've had similar behavior with music before, whatever I last played on gizmo or jremote would start playing either when the phone call started or when it ended.  Usually force stopping whichever remote app I was using seems to solve the issue.

Your issue may be different, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen

While I have JRemote and Gizmo on my phone,  this only recently became a problem.  Both apps are not running on my phone.

A movie I never played will just start...

very weird

daveman

• Galactic Citizen

any thoughts?

zybex

• MC Beta Team

I assume you're answering the call using the headphone's button?

If so, the phones are likely sending the PLAY command/key to both connected streams instead of just the current one (the ringing phone). The phone interprets the PLAY as "answer call", while Windows/MC will just do PLAY on whatever is the currently selected media.

I have a BT set that also confuses streams like that; sometimes the volume up/down gets sent to the wrong channel. Not sure you can do anything about it short of raising the issue with Bose. Or pickup the call using the phone, not the headphone's button.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team

Is this a BT headset problem or something with the way MC interprets HID commands that some in from BT?

zybex

• MC Beta Team

If the headset is connected (at the same time) to the phone and the PC, if should only send the keypresses to one of the connected devices, not both. Usually the active one is the one receiving the keys - in this case, the ringing sound makes the phone become the active device, so it should be the one receiving the keys.

Windows/MC is just reacting to a keypress that it should not have received.

Makes me think - perhaps if the key is pressed in the silence between rings, there's no active stream at that moment so the Bose sends the key to both devices. Still silly, should just send to the last active one.

I have a cheap no-name BT set that supports multi-pairing and it just works flawlessly. My new expensive headset also manages to mess this up...

newsposter

• MC Beta Team

I've given up on multipoint pairing bluetooth audio.  Not worth the problems.

Multipoint for pointing devices seems to work ok.
Pages: [1]   Go Up