INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BlogTalkRadio no longer working in Podcasts  (Read 1046 times)

suse

• Recent member
BlogTalkRadio no longer working in Podcasts
« on: March 12, 2021, 05:24:17 pm »

For many years I have been using MC to auto download podcasts for archiving.  I love it and it used to work so easily.  No problems ever.

But I guess BlogTalk changed their feed and now it no longer works with MC.  Error: This podcast feed is not currently available, or contains a data format error. Please notify the webmaster, or just check back later.  Could not read URL.

So, I checked the feed (https://www.blogtalkradio.com/mindshiftersradio/podcast) using a feed checker and it throws some errors, BUT, I can find and download the feed on my phone using Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Podcast Addict, and others that I just can't remember, while I've been troubleshooting this issue with MC for many months.  A couple months ago I deleted the Podcast from MC and added it again using - if I remember correctly - an iTunes link for the podcast I found somewhere and it worked...for only that time.  The next time I opened MC the feed was broken again.  I'm currently using MC20.0.132, and even downloaded the current version of MC (at the time) - which I would have happily paid for had it worked - but that didn't work either.  Then I went out into the world and looked for another PC Podcast tool and NO ONE ELSE DOES PODCASTS LIKE MC!!!  I am totally SPOILED!!!

As it stands now, I use my phone and Podcast Addict to automatically download the podcasts to my phone and then I have to connect my phone to my PC to move the files.  The ugliest thing is that Podcast Addict does not have a way to rename the file, so I get BlogTalks ugly filenames... :'(

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I sure would appreciate it.  I miss my MC Podcasts...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: BlogTalkRadio no longer working in Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 06:10:16 pm »

When this happens, it's often something they've introduced that is non-standard.  If you can figure that out, we can take a look at it.

suse

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 01:20:42 pm »

I get different error messages depending on which feed validator I use. Are there any specific errors that could be causing the problem?

Podbase:
XML not "well formed"

W3:
Missing "charset" attribute for "text/xml" document.

CastFeed:
WARNING: Your server seems to be doing excessive caching. 
WARNING: Your feed should use SSL and have a URL that begins with https. Soon, this will be a requirement for Apple Podcasts
WARNING: Your title ID3 tag is missing.

RSSBoard:

suse

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 12:17:40 pm »

I figured it out. All of the sudden, way back when, my security software started disabling the network connection.

AARGH!!

I enabled the connection and all is working as beautifully as ever.  I apologize if I took any of your time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 12:20:25 pm »

Thanks for reporting the solution.  What was the software?

suse

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 07:49:38 am »

ESET.
Pages: [1]   Go Up