INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZoneSwitch question/issue  (Read 619 times)

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
ZoneSwitch question/issue
« on: March 17, 2021, 11:13:45 am »

Hello everyone.

I've set all my audio files to play in "Zone 1" with [Media Type]=[Audio]. All good.
I have one particular mp3 file though which I always want it to play in Zone 2, but it will always play in Zone 1. Isn't it possible to override the Zone 1 rule above?

I update this file daily but its path and filename stay the same. So, I tried adding the "Filename" and/or "Filename (path)" rules to the Zone 2 Zoneswitch Rules, but it always start playing in Zone 1. I also moved Zone 1 below Zone 2. Any ideas?

Thank you
Windows 10 Pro x64

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: ZoneSwitch question/issue
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 06:21:40 pm »

I can make this scenario work using a filename=myfile rule.
I think you may have a rules precedence issue, where another rule is engaging BEFORE your filename=myfile rule.
It would definitely need to be the very first rule as it is so specific.

Perhaps posting full screenshots would enable others to help debug your rules.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

audioriver

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 06:12:17 pm »

Thank you. Do you include quotes and/or the file extension when entering the filename?
Windows 10 Pro x64

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 05:29:58 pm »

I used the 'Edit Search with Wizard' and selected the file from the dropdown box and ANDED with 'Media Type' , the result was as follows:

([Filename (name)]=[01 /- Black Cow.mp3] [Media Type]=[Audio])

See attached screenshot of 'Wizard' dialogue.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

audioriver

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 05:43:58 pm »

Thank you. I think the issue was that I was launching the file externally (from a file explorer) and it was not imported in the Library. After importing it, ZoneSwitch works as expected.
Windows 10 Pro x64

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 05:48:18 pm »

EDIT: See my post below....
If the file wasn't in the library then 'Filename=' would not work, as you discovered ;D

Glad you got it sorted.

audioriver

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 05:51:01 pm »

Yes, the difference between Filename and Filename (name) wasn't clear to me. Filename did not work in this case so I imported this file.
Windows 10 Pro x64

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 12:57:18 am »

Just to be precise, for anyone else reading this thread, it is not a Filename (name) or Filename issue.

For example these rules will both work: [Filename]=[D:\Master audio\Mark Knopfler\Sailing to Philadelphia\02 /- Sailing to Philadelphia.flac]  OR [Filename (name)]=[02 /- Sailing to Philadelphia.flac]

EDIT:
The Zoneswitch rules above are checking library fields, if the the file is not in the library then there can be no match.

Thus @audioriver's rule did not work because the file being referenced had not been imported into the library so there was no matching value in the Filename OR Filename (name) fields.

I did more testing on this and found that a file does NOT need to be imported into the library for a Filename or Filename (name) rule to work.
During playback these fields are populated even if the file has not been imported and the correct zone will be selected by the Zoneswitch rule.

I don't know why this did not work for @audioriver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up