INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot resume playing now in TheaterView  (Read 536 times)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Cannot resume playing now in TheaterView
« on: March 19, 2021, 01:48:27 pm »

After a 'Stop' (MCC 10002), the 'Play' key (MCC 10000) clears 'Playing now' and starts playing the focussed item. Therefore I cannot resume Playing now.
In Standard View it works as expected. The items in 'Playing Now' continue to play. Is there another MCC for this ?

Using 'Pause' instead of 'Stop' is inpossible in my application. External audio devices as DLNA or bluetooth sometimes become ready after Mediacenter is started. MC does not switch to these sound devices unless Stop is pressed and playback started again. Is there a way that MC automatically connnects to the sound device when it becomes ready ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cannot resume playing now in TheaterView
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:18:33 am »

You might need to toggle this option for the play button to just play Playing Now:
Options > General > Play button > Play Playing Now

Otherwise it tries to find what you have selected to play.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 12:07:47 pm »

I just checked this setting. It was already set to 'Play Playing Now'.
In Standard View it works as expected. It fails only in TheaterView .

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 12:59:31 pm »

Looking more, on the play command Theater View first tries to play and then issues an enter key.  It then returns that the play command has been handled so it doesn't do anything else.

Coming later:
Changed: The play command in Theater View no longer simulates an enter key if there is nothing selected to play.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 12:09:13 pm »

Looking more, on the play command Theater View first tries to play and then issues an enter key.  It then returns that the play command has been handled so it doesn't do anything else.

Coming later:
Changed: The play command in Theater View no longer simulates an enter key if there is nothing selected to play.

Hi Matt, Thanks for having a look at this!
But I'm not sure if this will solve my problem. What means 'nothing selected to play' ?
There are some titles in the 'Playing Now' while I'm browsing my albums. When pressing Play, the contents from 'Playing Now' should be played. The Album currently selected in AlbumViesw shall not be added to 'Playing now'. If I want to add an album or title to Playing now, I call the command line with /Append or /Replace
Pages: [1]   Go Up