INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Modal window appears behind main MC window  (Read 901 times)

oberstel

• Recent member
Bug: Modal window appears behind main MC window
« on: March 20, 2021, 02:14:54 am »

I'm new with MC and noticed a strange behaviour...

It happens from time to time, that a modal window (like the one to select the right album when ripping a disk) appears BEHIND the main window instead of overlying.
In this situation, MC seems to be "not responsive", because the modal window appears in the back while the main window in the front has the focus... And the main window doesn't accept any actions due to the existence of the modal window in the back.

I discovered this behaviour on my Mac (BigSur) using Mission Control [F4], where all windows are showing next to each other (see picture).

This seems to be a bug where MC is not handling windows and focus in the right way.

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this behaviour... this happens from time to time in combination with other apps I'm using simultaneously like Safari, Finder, Mail etc.

Can somebody confirm this conspicuity?

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Re: Bug: Modal window appears behind main MC window
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 04:34:42 pm »

Yeah, this has been a problem for years. I never have narrowed down exactly how it happens, so I've never reported it as a bug.

To get around this, I learned to use the cmd-~ key sequence (command key plus tilde). It cycles thru the active app's open windows, eventually bringing up the model window which you can then dismiss.

oberstel

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 07:26:58 am »

To get around this, I learned to use the cmd-~ key sequence (command key plus tilde). It cycles thru the active app's open windows, eventually bringing up the model window which you can then dismiss.
Good to know - I'll will try to go this way ;-)

oberstel

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 07:28:55 am »

Yeah, this has been a problem for years. I never have narrowed down exactly how it happens, so I've never reported it as a bug.
Is there an official way to report those bugs?
Maybe a bug tracker or a corresponding GitHub repo where the dev guys working with?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 09:34:48 am »

Is there an official way to report those bugs?
Maybe a bug tracker or a corresponding GitHub repo where the dev guys working with?

Always try the latest build from this board first.  Then post details about how to create the problem in the thread that announced the build.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 02:26:25 pm »

Always try the latest build from this board first.  Then post details about how to create the problem in the thread that announced the build.

I did that for the About Dialog recently but it still hasn't been fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up