INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld sync seems to not remove old "folder.jpg" files  (Read 329 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Handheld sync seems to not remove old "folder.jpg" files
« on: March 24, 2021, 05:05:27 pm »

I have lots of folders on my phone that only contain the folder.jpg image.  I believe these are from albums that no longer have a song in the sync, so it was deleted automatically when I synced.  Media Center does not show any folder.jpg files when you click on the handheld in the tree, but it does show all the other jpg images on the device for some reason, even though they are not included in the sync.

Please update MC to remove the folder.jpg files when removing songs.  Also, please don't include anything not to be included in the sync.

Also, it would be great if MC would show what is currently on the phone, in the folders set to sync.  In tracking this down, I've tried to see what is and what is supposed to be on the device, and MC will not show what is on the device, so I had to use other methods to investigate this.  I ended up just deleting everything on the phone and syncing from scratch.  I then re-synced and see these left over folder.jpg files, which is what prompted this post.

Finally, is it possible to have MC re-send the folder.jpg images when it syncs?  In testing I removed ALL folder.jpg files from the phone, then re-synced, and it only sent the folder.jpg files for new music.  Most of the folders didn't have the jpg files until I deleted everything and started over, and in testing, I'm back to having folders with nothing but folder.jpg files in them.
pretend this is something funny

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Handheld sync seems to not remove old "folder.jpg" files
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 06:44:32 pm »

I had the same problem but determined it was the audiobook player app on my phone that was creating the folder.jpg files so I did not think it was reasonable to expect MC to clean these up.

I now periodically manually delete them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up