INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Goodhertz CanOpener VST Plugin failed  (Read 780 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Installing Goodhertz CanOpener VST Plugin failed
« on: March 25, 2021, 05:47:29 pm »

I successfully installed the Toneboosters Morphit Plugin to MC27 for Mac.
Next I tried to install Goodhertz CanOpener, but I keep getting an "failed to install plug-in" message. The install process seems straightforward. I tried VST and VST3. Have others been successful installing CanOpener?

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
Re: Installing Goodhertz CanOpener VST Plugin failed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 01:36:00 am »

I'm sort of guessing here but a quick search shows that the Morphit plugin has support for m1, and on the Goodheartz CanOpener website, it says this

Are Goodhertz plugins compatible with macOS Big Sur (11.0)?

Though we have not updated our plugins for the new M1 computers, our plugins are compatible with Big Sur. We hope to have a new build up to take advantage of the M1 architecture, but our tests have shown that there is no significant loss in performance with our current release (3.5.1) running on M1 hardware. If you experience any issues running our plugins on Big Sur, please let us know.

Which makes me very sure you're on an M1 Mac.

So if you want to run both plugins at the same time you'd have to run MC27 in Rosetta 2 until CanOpener has been updated to support arm64/M1 architecture. (Thanks bob and Awesome Donkey for your posts in the .73 release thread for this info)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Installing Goodhertz CanOpener VST Plugin failed
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 02:59:31 pm »

Thanks for the hints @LilyAarseth they helped a lot and the problem is solved.
After launching JRiver with Rosetta 2 (my first confrontation with Rosetta 2), all problems miraculously disappeared.
Another interesting thing I learned is that macOS seems to have TWO audio plugin folders
- MacintoshHD/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST
- MacintoshHD/users/"me"/Library/Audio/Plugins/VST
On top of everything I had been looking in the wrong one
Pages: [1]   Go Up