INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left hand catagorys  (Read 542 times)

666JTK666

• Junior Woodchuck
Left hand catagorys
« on: March 28, 2021, 08:05:49 pm »

Howdy,

Under the "playing now" is a bunch of catagorys such as audio ect.

I would like to have 2 sub catagorys under audio, music and audiobooks in that nice big white font with out the blue square to the left of the sub category. Can this be done ? if so I would move all the audio views under the music category and create my custom views for audiobooks under audiobooks.
This is something I have wanted since mc 15 but have never figured out how to do it.

I try searching but did not find an answer prolly not searching for the right thing.
best regards
edited for spelling errors

666JTK666

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Left hand categories
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 08:15:34 pm »

I suppose I could just delete the audio category all together and just make 2 new root catagories music and audiobooks. I think that is what i did once before ..

edited for spelling errors.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Left hand categories
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 08:20:03 pm »

There are several different aspects to your questions...

The "blue square" is an icon or image. What control you have over it is found by right-clicking on the name of the view and selecting "Customize View" and then changing the Image option found under Tree in the dialog box presented.

Fonts and their colors are controlled by the skin you're using.

When you create a new view, where it is located or what it is nested under is controlled by the "Location" dropdown menu in the dialog you get when you right-click in the tree and select "Add Library View" from the right-click menu.

You can move views from one place to another, including nesting them under other views, using drag and drop.

I suggest you read Marko's excellent tutorial to get started:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

I hope this helps... Have fun.

666JTK666

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Left hand catagorys
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 05:46:32 pm »

Well the "AUDIO" category is becoming a thorn in my side.  It does not appear to be something i can rid myself of, it won't delete, and I can not seem to rename it either.

feature request : allow the user to have full control of the media category list, rename delete and appearance of list items (ex. nice bold white font for sub catagory items)

wer

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:55:02 pm »

First you said you wanted 2 sub-categories under Audio, now you seem to say you want to rename or delete Audio?  It's built in and you can't modify it.

I'm a user just like you who was just trying to help you, so I can't do anything about your feature request. 

You're welcome for the answers.

666JTK666

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »

First you said you wanted 2 sub-categories under Audio, now you seem to say you want to rename or delete Audio?  It's built in and you can't modify it.

I'm a user just like you who was just trying to help you, so I can't do anything about your feature request. 

You're welcome for the answers.

Howdy,
Sir I am not attacking you and if my post appeared to do so I do apologize. not my intent at all.

yes I said I wanted 2 sub catagory's under audio at first if I could get the sub catagory's to display like the root catagorys do. that can't happen so ok, I created 2 new root catagory's Music and Audiobooks got that all sorted. Now I have this Audio catagory left over cluttering the list that I can't get rid of or change.
perhaps if removeing a catagory is to much could a catagory be hidden, out of sight out of mind as they say.

Best regards

wer

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 02:21:03 am »

I didn't think you were "attacking" me, but since I'm the only one here talking to you, it seemed you were addressing your feature request to me, and that's not something I can do anything about.

Not a comment about you, but unfortunately it's fairly common for people with questions to mistake the people answering them for JRiver employees, as opposed to strangers doing them a favor, and become indignant if they get an answer they don't like, or the app isn't modified to suit them, or they're not otherwise treated like kings because they're special or have paid their money, etc. So in light of that and your feature request, that's why I said I was just another user, to forestall any possible turn in that direction. A bit of insurance; I hope you can sympathize.

It's been requested before over the years (including by me) to be able to hide things in the tree, but JRiver has never done anything about it, so I wouldn't expect that to happen at this point.

The only other thing I can offer is that you can certainly delete all the existing and default views under Audio, and then create your Music views there. The only difference will be that it's named Audio and not Music, and you can still have your Audiobooks separate, and at least you won't have an "extra" category.  If that's not good enough, I don't have anything else I'm afraid.

If you want to make a feature request, probably best to start a new thread with an appropriate title and concisely describe what you want. Something casually mentioned in a question thread like this is less likely to be noticed.

Good luck...
Pages: [1]   Go Up