INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disc & Track no. versus Seq. no.  (Read 777 times)

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
Disc & Track no. versus Seq. no.
« on: March 29, 2021, 10:20:44 am »

Disc & track no. versus Seq. no. I tend to strongly prefer to play music by Disc / Track nos. There is a variable "seq." which is the number by which an album is actually played. Normally seq. follows disc/track no. However, for time to time, the seq. no. for a lot of the albums is "randomized" and I do not know how to change the seq.no. back to the disc/track no order. Solution?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Disc & Track no. versus Seq. no.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 10:27:47 am »

Is Shuffle on?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 01:03:25 pm »

Paul, Seq (short for Sequence) only exists in the context of Playlists.

So I'm guessing you've added the albums in question to a playlist. Once tracks are in a playlist, their original order on an album (the track #) is irrelevant: only the Seq matters.

Tracks are assigned a seq in the order in which they are added to the playlist, and the seq they get stays until you change it.

You can change the seq be resorting your list, and then clicking the Update Order button.

If you're talking about the Seq in "Playing Now", that is just a temporary Playlist. The Seq is assigned in the order items were added. The solution is the same: resort, and Update Order. The Update Order command is available by control-click (right click) on the zone, or from the dropdown menu on the Playing Now tab.

If you add a bunch of tracks to Playing Now (or any playlist) with one click, they are added in the order they are displayed in the view you added it from, so sort it the way you want before playing.

Make sense?

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 01:31:44 pm »

I never use playlists. But the issue was Seq in "Playing Now". By clicking on "Update Order" in the dropdown menu on the Playing Now tab did the trick and the seq order was corrected. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up