INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.77 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 3033 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 27.0.77 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:09:03 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270077-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270077.exe

27.0.77 (3/22/2021)

1. Fixed: Google image lookup was not working.

27.0.76 (3/19/2021)

1. Changed: Internal FF/REW change in JRiver Video Engine (using DirectShow).
2. Changed: Minor change in DirectShow graph building for analog TV tuners or video capture devices.  Please report back if you have any issues with this change.
3.  Fixed: Media Center could crash in some circumstances.

27.0.75 (3/9/2021)

1. NEW: Added a "Done" button to DSP Studio.
2. Changed: Renamed the "Load/Save..." button to "Presets..." in DSP Studio.
3. Changed: The ~limit search token will work better with list fields.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Changed: The APE file reading object loads the files as read-only (was asking for full permission, but wasn't needed).
6. NEW: The ListItem(...) expression functions optionally takes a negative number to mean from the end of the list (-1 is last, -2 is second to last, etc.).
7. NEW: Added a Roman(...) expression function to convert to and from roman numerals.
8. Changed: The ListLimit(...) expression function takes a delimiter (optional and defaults to semi-colon).
9. NEW: Added a Repeat(...) expression function to output a string over and over a given number of times.
10. NEW: Added the expression functions PadLeft(...) and PadRight(...) to pad a string.
11. Changed: Internal code consolidation of FF/REW in television engine.  Please test FF/REW functionality and report issues if you find any.
12. Changed: Made the ListFind(...) expression function support outputting a custom not found string when searching on index (keep blank to output -1).

27.0.74 (3/4/2021)

1. Changed: Added 2160 to the Carnac exclusions (a resolution).
2. Changed: Renamed the pane option to "Clear Selection."  Also updated the right-click menu.
3. Changed: When playing to a device with DirectSound or WASAPI, if the device is not found, it will error instead of using the default device.

27.0.73 (3/3/2021)

1. Changed: Made YouTube watch URLs like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6HeRdnwOmo work in the Open URL... tool.
2. Fixed: Seeking would cause MC to hang when running Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q video capture device in Red October Standard (with Enhanced Video Renderer).  The fix is applied to only this device.  If anyone has similar issue with other devices please let us know.
3. Changed: Renamed "Reset Selection" to "Clear" in the panes.
4. Changed: Default to the last location at startup instead of the start page.
5. Changed: Right-click on a playlist has the Share command.
6. Fixed: Some video capture devices (such as "Hauppauge WinTV HVR 955Q") did not do well when video was recorded on to a slower hard disk (for example USB drive, in particular USB2 drive).
7. Changed: The season and episode parser for Carnac will not flag 720 or 1080.
8. Changed: Carnac will not use the number in a video named like "IMG_####" for season and episode.

27.0.72 (3/1/2021)

1. Changed: When sharing a playlist or a collection of files (that will become a playlist), the message better indicates a playlist is being shared.
2. Changed: The "Communication with the server failed..." message will not show in the first two minutes after loading a library.
3. Changed: Importing a single folder will allow tag writing from the import rules.

27.0.71 (2/23/2021)

1. NEW: You can now share a playlist (just pick it in the tree) and it will return an MPL file that is playable by Media Center.
2. Changed: If you share multiple files, they will be added to a playlist and the playlist will be shared.
3. Fixed: Some video capture devices did not work well with time-shifting or JTV recording because they dropped too much audio data due to data handling delays.
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
5. Changed: Some internal change in TV's handling of video capture devices.
6. Fixed: Video stream configuration data saved in the registry (after running "Video Capture pin" or "Video Preview Pin" property pages) could not be loaded correctly.
7. Fixed: During playback of a channel on Video Capture devices, running right-click > TV Options > Configure TV... would cause video to stop and would not recover afterward.
8. Changed: Marked a few more fields as stock fields (before they were showing up as user fields in the editor).

27.0.70 (2/19/2021)

1. NEW: Added the token "App" to the player to get the full name of the program with version (ie. JRiver Media Center 27.0.70).
2. Changed: Auto-configure engages for devices that only support 48 kHz on any sample rate other than that.
3. Fixed: The auto-configure code for playback would not always engage properly due to sample rate changes that were made.
4. Changed: Clearing the played files from Playing Now will not remove the current file if you're playing (but will if you're stopped).
5. Fixed: The text "total" and "avg" will not be output if the field itself is empty.

27.0.69 (2/18/2021)

1. NEW: Added an "Unshare" menu command to remove the sharing of a file.
2. Changed: Renamed the button to ReRip for ripping a disc again.
3. Changed: Added the share and unshare commands to the Tools menu.

27.0.68 (2/17/2021)

1. Fixed: Improved bandwidth utilization when sharing files through MCWS.
2. NEW: The highpass slope used by Room Correction can be 36 or 48 dB/octave[/b] now (was capped at 24 dB/octave).
3. NEW: When picking DSD low pass filters, the choice of 48 dB/octave is offered[/b] for the 30 kHz and 50 kHz values.
4. Fixed: There was a double "the" on the restore library dialog.
5. Changed: Tuned the large font selection sizing so a little bigger fonts will not show the dialog.
6. Changed: Remove disk buffer disable option for audio and video files received over the network. It had unwanted side effects on playback of non-streamable format files.
7. Changed: Switched the encoding used on the Share URLs (all links will need to be regenerated).
8. Changed: When changing tracks manually, the flush done is lighter, preventing lags buffering.
9. NEW: OPF tagging saves and loads all the fields in Media Center (using a dc:custom block).
10. Changed: When tagging an EPUB, a new OPF is written if one isn't already there.

27.0.67 (2/12/2021)

1. Changed: Changed the Share toolbar button image.
2. NEW: Added a "Shared" field that gets checked when you share, but if you uncheck the file will no longer be accessible.
3. Fixed: Expressions that ended with a slash could output garbage.
4. Changed: The optional 6 dB boost applied to DSD playback is reported in Audio Path.
5. Fixed: Bug in DLNA conversion to DSF that resulted in popping especially at the end of a file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Manfred

Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.77 for Windows -- Media Network password
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 11:33:40 am »

In Options->Media Network Authentication user: .... password:
The password is shown as a€ca€ca€ca€ca€ca€c.
Is that a bug or a feature?
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Manfred

Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.77 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:38:26 am »

I have two MC Clients connected to my media server. On the server now also the main libraries of the two clients (the main libraries are not loaded on the two clients) appear compared to the last MC release.

Is this a now a bug or a feature? (I have DLNA disabled!)
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.77 for Windows -- Media Network password
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 11:52:20 am »

In Options->Media Network Authentication user: .... password:
The password is shown as a€ca€ca€ca€ca€ca€c.
Is that a bug or a feature?

Fixed next build.  Thanks for the report.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 02:26:28 pm »

Edit:  I'd suggest to delete this post because I can no longer replicate this behavior.  Odd, since at one point the issue consistently occurred for me.
When I determine the steps to replicate I'll repost.
Thanks

When the recently modified DSP studio dialog is displayed,  the height of the window does not take into account the height of the status bar.  Result is the buttons are hidden underneath the status bar at bottom of window.  Maximizing the window seems to take status bar into account and allows access to the buttons.

I mostly (only?) see this when using w/4k display.  Can issues such as these be fixed in future update?

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

stan9980

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 06:44:21 pm »

Could we have video waveform analysis re-enabled with the following changes:

Waveform Analysis should be made OPTIONAL for EVERYBODY and not just for Video's!
It's Edit Type should also be set to "Cannot be edited" to stop miscreants causing havoc by modifying it.

As discussed here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128474.0.html

Cheers.

ceruleandaze

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 03:10:11 am »

Just installed 27.0.77 for Windows and notice the volume control now doesn't sync with the system volume when "System Volume" is selected. The level in MC stays stuck near the beginning. Is this a change or should it still sync? I find it handy to see the system level while using MC.

Thanks.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 07:53:40 am »

Just installed 27.0.77 for Windows and notice the volume control now doesn't sync with the system volume when "System Volume" is selected. The level in MC stays stuck near the beginning. Is this a change or should it still sync? I find it handy to see the system level while using MC.

Same here. My volume controls for both my Logitech mouse and keyboard now do nothing. Mute and channel change still work however.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

switch6343

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 10:11:58 am »

Thanks.

Same problem here.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 10:19:38 am »

Volume will be fixed next build.  Thanks for the help everyone.

prodj77

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 01:29:57 pm »

Thanks Matt, same volume freeze problem. I solved it by going back to the previous build 27.0.66. And if you know that this release have this bug, please remove this download for prevent other users of a bad experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up