INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Sync Playlists to Ibasso DX160?  (Read 1111 times)

ALEXKMENDEZ

• Recent member
How to Sync Playlists to Ibasso DX160?
« on: March 31, 2021, 06:33:47 am »

HELLO PEOPLE,

I HAVE RECENTLY MOVED FROM MAC TO WINDOWS AND FROM IPOD TO IBASSO DX160. A HUGE JUMP ON BOTH SIDES IN MY OPINION.

I,VE BEEN TRYING TO TRANSFER PLAYLISTS FROM JRiver MEDIA CENTER 27 BY SYNCING WITH THE IBASSO DX160 AND THE SONGS DO TRANSFER BUT NOT IN THEIR PLAYLISTS, ALL SONGS ARE MIXED AND IS A MESS.
THEN, I MANAGED AFTER SEVERAL TRIES TO TRANSFER ONE SMALL PLAYLIST (FOR TEST) BUT THE CD COVERS WEREN'T SHOWING.

THE PLAYLIST FORMAT I HAVE IT SET ON M3U (ALTERNATIVE RUTES) WHICH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND ROUTES, OR PATHS, OR ANY OF THIS.

JUST NEED TO COPY AND PASTE PLAYLISTS FROM ONE DEVICE TO ANOTHER WITH ALL IT'S DATA.
I AM SURE THERE IS AN EASY WAY TO DO THIS BUT THERE MUST BE SOME SETTINGS OR OPTIONS I NEED TO CHANGE AND I CAN NOT FIND.

IS ANYONE OUT THERE FACING THE SAME PROBLEM?
THIS SHOULD BE AN EASY THING TO DO, DRAG AND DROP, BUT APPARENTLY IN THE YEAR 2021 IS NOT?

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: HOW TO SYNC PLAYLISTS FROM JRiver 27 TO IBASSO DX160?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 07:10:28 am »

I,VE BEEN TRYING TO TRANSFER PLAYLISTS FROM JRiver MEDIA CENTER 27 BY SYNCING WITH THE IBASSO DX160 AND THE SONGS DO TRANSFER BUT NOT IN THEIR PLAYLISTS, ALL SONGS ARE MIXED AND IS A MESS.
THEN, I MANAGED AFTER SEVERAL TRIES TO TRANSFER ONE SMALL PLAYLIST (FOR TEST) BUT THE CD COVERS WEREN'T SHOWING.
You don't mention the file type of your music. This sounds like you have a new implementation and library setup so forgive if the below sounds like going back to basics if your JRiver installation ins't new.

Check your graphics...
I would suggest 1st you open your playlist and select all files then right-click and perform Library Tools>Update Tags (from Library) and see if that resolves your problem after a resync with your device.

If that does not work refresh your art work right-click Covert Art>Get from Internet and see if that resolves your problem after a resync with your device.

If that doesn't work check Tools>Options>File Location>Cover Art>Also store image in the file's tag is checked. If it wasn't, enable the function then right-click and perform Library Tools>Update Tags (from Library) and see if that resolves your problem after a resync with your device.

If that doesn't work... I personally require all my music folders to have a Folder.jpg file in the folder and for stubborn files I for a right-click Covert Art>Add from File... then Library Tools>Update Tags (from Library). That usually fixes my music player graphics.

Sync settings I prefer:
Conversion>Audio>Covert Art: No change
Files, Paths & More>Audio Path: Music\[Album Artist]\[Album]\
Files, Paths & More>Playlist Path: Playlists\
Files, Paths & More>Playlist Format: M3U (relative paths)
Files, Paths & More>Save cover art to 'Folder.jpg' file UNCHEKCED

With a USB connection and your player mounted, open Windows Explorer>This PC>Your Player mount point and see what paths the files from your test playlist are being dropped into. I have no issues with my Sony using the settings above but the IBasso maybe different.

IS ANYONE OUT THERE FACING THE SAME PROBLEM?
THIS SHOULD BE AN EASY THING TO DO, DRAG AND DROP, BUT APPARENTLY IN THE YEAR 2021 IS NOT?
I have lot's of problems and usually resolve with stiff drinks, put on headphones and spin a JRiver Play Doctor playlist! This provides clarity and fixes many problems!  ;D

ALEXKMENDEZ

• Recent member
How to Sync Playlists to Ibasso DX160?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 11:44:56 pm »

Hello Mike03

Thanks so much for your reply.
I've been trying different things for the past 2 weeks, a few hours per day and still can't get this playlist transfer straight.

I have several playlists containing same genre of music with mp3, flac and wav files in then.
I have tried separating different types of files into different playlist but the problem remains.
I've passed all the audio files through the 'MP3 ID tag pro' software, can't recall the actual name now, I've added the missing artwork, tagging, etc and now all the files contain their artwork, with all the tags properly set, album, artist, genre, year, bpm, etc

Once I transfer them to JRiver I went through all their tagging and they are all complete. The artwork is showing and the artist, album, genre, etc are correct. There is no problem there.

The issue comes with the file transfering using the handheld sync
After many tries I have managed to transfer correctly some playlists containg mainly flac and wav files to the ibasso Dx160 internal storage, then do the scanning of the internal storage and appears everything on it's specific genre, artist, genre and album with their artwork showing perfectly.  The files can be played.

I did what you said and updated in JRiver all the files to their library tags and analized all the audio files as well, just in case that was the issue.

Then I tried to transfer other playlists but this time to the sd card in the devive connected with the Usb.
These playlist contain flac, wav and mp3 files, mainly mp3 and wav.
In JRiver their tagging is complete and correct.
Once I transfer the playlists and do the scanning on the sd card is when the problem starts.
Many files go into and UNKNOWN artist folder, some containing the artwork but many don't.
Then I try to play them and don't play, the devive starts jumping from file to file but nothing plays.

I have been going through the tags and can't find the problem.
I am new on this tagging thing as I've been using ipod for many years and this was automatically from itunes, also didn't care much about the tags actually, but now I see it's very important.
Most of my wav files go to the unknown artist folder
And the ones, mp3, flac or wav flies that are on their artist folder, and look correct don't play.
I'm using a 128gb sd card.
The sync settings I have are the same as yours.

I would really appreciate help with this.
Bought the Dx160 3 weeks ago and still can't get my music in it properly. It's ridiculous!! Haha

Yeah, drinks and drinks been helping but sometimes I feel I want to punch the laptop, and this is not good 😅

I will take some pictures and attach them here, maybe someone see where the problem is.

Thanks

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How to Sync Playlists to Ibasso DX160?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 07:23:06 am »

Many files go into and UNKNOWN artist folder, some containing the artwork but many don't.
Glad to see you have some progress and success.

On the Unknown problem.
Do you have both the Artist and Album Artist set in your tagging? I have seen this when the Handled>File, Paths & More\Audio Path: is set to Music\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\ and the Album Artist is blank.

My preference is Music\[Album Artist]\[Album]\ but you should ensure Artist and Album Artist are the same unless of course they are a Various Artist compilation in which case JRiver should detect this and set the parent properly as Various Artist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up