INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to build an OR into smartlist?  (Read 550 times)

simonmason

• World Citizen
How to build an OR into smartlist?
« on: March 31, 2021, 09:55:02 am »

Apologies if this is really obvious but I cannot figure out how to add an OR into a smartlist.

I am looking at this page: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists and it says:

OR and AND operators can be used in smartlists by enclosing rules in () and using the operator between rules, eg:
([artist]=[Pink Floyd] or [artist]=[Genesis])

What it doesn't say is where this is done - not in the GUI?  Can I edit the smartlist files somewhere - I looked for them on disk.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to build an OR into smartlist?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 11:38:19 am »

In the Smartlist Editor, click to the left of a rule. A ( will appear and this will allow you to OR 2 rules. To end an OR expression, click at the right of the second rule. It is a completely hidden feature, unfortunately.

simonmason

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 12:38:06 pm »

Thanks guys.  To be fair, I did find the post that @marko showed.  It doesn't actually tell you how to get to this, only shows what it looks like on the screen.  I then followed @dtc's direction and it still took me a while to figure it out.  But I did get it working and I am very happy. 

As an aside, what kind of crazy UI is it that requires you to click on a blank part of the screen and an option appears.  Surely these should be dropdowns or something much more intuitive?  No expert on this but all I know is that even after reading the wiki, and the posts on the forum I still couldn't figure it out until @dtc told me that it will "appear"!

wer

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 02:58:58 pm »

That you figured it out at all is actually a credit to you Simon, seriously.  I've always said that functionality is so hidden and undocumented it's more like a prank than a feature.  So I think I'm safe in saying we all agree with you. :). To be fair, there is a little tooltip that will appear on mouseover telling you to click, but only if you hover your mouse in the secret spot, but one would have no way of knowing the secret spot is there in the first place. So it's pretty obscure. :)

simonmason

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 03:00:50 pm »

How many other secret spots are out there in the application that I am missing right now? ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 03:32:20 pm »

Billions and billions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up