INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to add bookmarks in an audio file?  (Read 1983 times)

Nekriver

• Recent member
How to add bookmarks in an audio file?
« on: April 01, 2021, 01:13:37 pm »

Hello community.

State: -> Tag editor: bookmark tag is inside; Use bookmark tag is on "yes" --- A DJ continuous mix (audio) with 1 hour running time runs in the Media Center 26 64bit. Audio routing runs via a dynamic zone network receiver (WLAN), i.e. not directly via a sound card.

Problem: I want to set a bookmark at certain points in the continuous track while the mix is ​​running, for example to mark a certain point. Think of it like Soundcloud.com. There you can post comments at individual points on a track. That's how I imagine a bookmark should work. It shouldn't matter whether one or more bookmarks are placed in the track. OK.

Take the example of the tag editor. A drawer opens when you click on "Bookmarks". However, there is no way to enter a time or it would be even easier via the display at the top of the Media Center - right click - set bookmarks. When I right-click on the display on top, only the track is paused for me. So how do I make it possible to bookmark a position of a track? Is that even possible with audio? Forum search finds threads with me in which bookmarks are only a topic for videos.

Or am I completely wrong about what a bookmark should be? Maybe the function I'm looking for in the tag editor is simply called different? Would be confusing now, but it could be.

(translated via google from german)
MC 26 / Win10 64bit

Nekriver

• Recent member

Noone knows something about how i could manage this problem?
MC 26 / Win10 64bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I believe you're using DLNA / UPnP.  Correct?

Particles might help.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

Nekriver

• Recent member
Re: How to add bookmarks in an audio file?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 05:00:22 pm »

Hey JimH, thats correct. I'm using DLNA / UPnP...

You gave me a short and quite useful answer. I preciate that. It seems that it could solve my problem. Will try it tomorrow.

For some reason it might be that i will need further assistance from you...

...And i have learned for the first time what particles are used for.  ;D - So special thx!
MC 26 / Win10 64bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up