INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9.0.144 - Unable to Play WMA Files from Server  (Read 788 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
9.0.144 - Unable to Play WMA Files from Server
« on: April 07, 2003, 07:23:20 pm »

When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0x80070005." In recent prior versions I got a different error code, but the same behavior.

This error only occurs when trying to play these files from the server on another computer.    

Despite some theories that this is linked to DRM being activated in the WMA files, this does not appear to be the case for a number of reasons: (i) I have no problem playing them with Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, Media Jukebox and even prior versions of Media Center (e.g. prior to 9.0.130); (ii) it is my strong recollection that when these files were ripped, DRM was turned off; and (iii) Media Center has no problem playing the files on any PC when they are loaded off the LAN, i.e. not streamed using the server.

I believe this is a bug in how the Media Center client/server system handles playing WMA files.  

If I can provide any further useful information, please send me a private message.
Pages: [1]   Go Up