INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random downloaded cloudplay playlists disappear  (Read 668 times)

GlenR55

• Recent member
Random downloaded cloudplay playlists disappear
« on: April 11, 2021, 03:52:02 pm »

I am bringing up a past topic as I am having the same problem and did not see a resolution to the issue in that thread or elsewhere.

Some Downloaded Cloudplay Playlists Disappear
« on: November 29, 2020, 10:31:54 am »

As explained in the old thread, playlists downloaded from Cloudplay will be empty after MC is closed and reopened.

I frequently download various Cloudplay playlists so I have quick access to them and so I can mix songs from them into a custom playlist.  However, after I download the playlists, the songs within them will be missing after I close and reopen MC. (The playlist name and folder are still there - just empty.)  This happened with MC25 and also in MC27, which I recently upgraded to hoping it would solve the problem.  Even more perplexing, not all of the playlists are empty - just some of them.  I've tried various ways of opening and closing MC (e.g., clicking on my local albums before closing MC, opening the main Cloudplay page before clicking on the downloaded Cloudplay playlists, downloading the same playlists, etc.), but can find no rhyme or reason as to when or which downloaded playlists come up empty.

Other than this issue I am satisfied with Cloudplay and am grateful for the access to thousands of new songs and many types of music I would never have come across otherwise without the help of the MC developers and user community. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Random downloaded cloudplay playlists disappear
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 04:35:43 pm »

Are you using MC in a client/server arrangement?

If not, please give exact steps to reproduce.

GlenR55

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 05:11:35 pm »

I am using MC27 loaded on two laptops (Windows 10), but I run them separately - they are not connected in any way.  The issue with disappearing songs within downloaded Cloudplay playlists happens on both computers.

My typical process of downloading and using cloudplay playlists is...
1. Open Cloudplay
2. Browse and select a playlist, then download it by clicking on the little cloud icon.  I may repeat this for several playlists during one 'session'.
3. Usually, I will listen from the newly downloaded playlist (versus from the Cloudplay page) by going to Playlists>Cloudplay Playlists>folder of the downloaded playlist.
4. When done, I usually click back on my local Audio>Albums folder in MC, then close MC.
5. I may keep the computer on or turn it off.
6. If turning it off, I often run a file and tracks cleanup program.  I am using the Chrome browser for MC so I leave Chrome alone as far as file and tracks cleaning and I have seen no difference if I use the cleaner or not.

The next time I open MC and go back to the downloaded Cloudplay Playlist folders, some (only some) may be empty and the others still have all the song files and they are playable.  And like I indicated in my initial post, I can't see any pattern as far as when a playlist might be cleared of its songs or which playlists are affected.  It has happened many times and seems totally random to me as to which playlists are affected.  In case it helps, I attached two screen shots of what I see - one shows the folder with the songs in it and the other shows the same folder after the songs disappeared. (I re-downloaded the same playlist after the songs disappeared.)

If you want me to do more 'testing', please let me know what I can try.

Thanks!

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 06:01:26 pm »

I can confirm that this does happen in a rather spontaneous fashion. Bizarrely in some of the downloaded playlists a few tracks would remain so a playlist with 50 tracks one day would have none or just 5 or 6 the next day. I gave up with Cloudplay after a while.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

GlenR55

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:33:44 pm »

I suppose it is possible that I didn't notice a few songs missing on longer playlists, but I haven't seen only a few songs left in a folder - they were either all there or all gone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 10:50:43 pm »

GlelnnR,
The cleanup program sounds a little scary.
The files aren't ever downloaded.  They're just in the playlists. They are played from our server.

GlenR55

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 08:10:21 am »

Jim,
I too initially thought the cleaning program (Glary Utilities) was the culprit, but I have 'lost' downloaded cloudplay songs whether I've used it or not.  Since I have MC set up independently on two laptops, I will completely stop using it on one and continue using it on the other to see if there is any difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up