INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Router and IP range, Media Center Client Cannot Connect [Solved]  (Read 541 times)

donlboy

• World Citizen

I upgraded to a new (much faster) ISP and the new router has an IP range that is different from the prior one so devices on the network could not connect. I have updated all devices on the network, including one PC that I use as a Media Center library server for a client system. The client PC works fine on the network, connecting to my NAS, the internet, etc., but Media Center cannot find the server on the other computer to add its library or sync the client local library with the server library. It still tries to connect to the old IP. I tried adding a new library after I changed the access key on the server but it still tried the old IP. I uninstalled Media Center and reinstalled on the client but had the same result. There is clearly stored/cached data that points to the old IP address. Please recommend ideas for what I can do to get the Media Center client to see and connect to the server. The server PC sees the client just fine and I did a Sync with the client local library from the server and it worked fine. I cannot see any setup differences between the two computers and it all worked fine before this change. Both PCs are fully updated Win 10 machines. Both Media Centers are 27.0.79 (64 bit).

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Router and IP range, Media Center Client Cannot Connect
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 01:09:47 pm »

Try connecting to the library by IP address instead of Access Key. On the same box where you enter the access key, enter instead 192.168.1.10:52199 (using the server's IP of course).

If that doesn't work then the Server's firewall is blocking incoming connections.
If it does work with IP but not key, then it's likely the Server's firewall is blocking MC's outgoing connections, so it can't update the Access Key's IP on JRiver's servers.

Your LAN range is private right? Starts with 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x ... ?

donlboy

• World Citizen
Re: New Router and IP range, Media Center Client Cannot Connect
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »

Thanks, got it fixed. I found that my network was Public, not Private. Apparently the change of network from 192.168.0.nn to 192.168.4.nn caused it to change. I know for sure it was Private before. I changed it to Private and it connected instantly using the Access Key. I had tried before using the correct (192.168.4.nn) IP and it wouldn't work. I still don't understand why MC kept trying to use the old IP, but I guess it doesn't matter now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up