INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stability between V26 and V27.  (Read 501 times)

Wasper

• Recent member
Stability between V26 and V27.
« on: April 16, 2021, 09:51:39 pm »

Hello,

I was using MC26 without any problem.  Last week, I started to have a lot of random hang(from 5 min to 2 hours of play) and downgraded ROHQ performance.  I've tried everything to fix it from fresh OS reinstall (win10, 64bits) to firmware downgrade.  Tried to play with settings to catch what was going wrong.  It started to drive me nuts as I didn't change anything before the crashed started to happens.  I did use hard link that made oneDrive getting crazy, but nothing else. Removed them since(sad cause it was useful in my case). Finally, last, hope, I updated to MC27 and everything went back to normal.  Btw, congrats because moving version couldn't be smoother. In release note, I didn't see 27 was fixing a hard problem on 26.  Don't think it's related to windows update either as the problem occurred also after fresh install.  Any idea what 27 could have fixed?  Anyway, if someone experience same problem as me, I would suggest him to upgrade. 

Last question, can't had duplicate file on jremote playlist?  it's a bug or I can't find a setting?

Have a good day.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stability between V26 and V27.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 10:08:15 pm »

It's probably not a difference between the two versions.

Wasper

• Recent member
Re: Stability between V26 and V27.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:32:54 pm »

Thanks Jim.

I forgot to mention that the problem did not occurs with windows usb audio driver.  Only with the one provided by the manufacturer.  But as I mentioned in a previous post, the windows driver, strangely, doesn't play well with my DAC.  So maybe, it was a timing problem but my system doesn't seems to have latency problem at all but my knowledge in this area is more than basic.  Love the sound of the dac, hate the driver.  So, let put this in the mystery world of computers.  Making an image of windows right now, just in case!  Any answer for my second question about JRemote and duplicate files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up