INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 27 loses audio output when changing libraries  (Read 603 times)

cunim

• Recent member
MC 27 loses audio output when changing libraries
« on: April 21, 2021, 03:28:28 pm »

Running MC on a Windows 10/64 PC with everything up to date.  I have movies on a NAS and music on the local host.  The PC feeds HDMI to an Anthem AVM60, and then a Sony A9E TV.  I use two libraries.  Main library contains both music and movies.  Music library is just music.  The music library configuration enables a media network and that seems to work fine.  The main library does not implement media network, though I would like to set that up.

If I have been playing from the music library, there is a problem accessing enhanced audio formats with the main library.  When I select a bluray, the title screen plays but when it tries to play DTS or Dolby enhanced formats, it stops and tells me the audio format is not supported.  In fact, I can check the configuration of my RTX3090 graphics card and all the formats are listed as supported.  The AVM60 has no problem with these formats.  There was no problem before I started using media network.

I can make it work by selecting various sources in audio options.  For example, there will be default system source (direct sound) and direct sound and WASAPI versions of the AVM60/Nvidia source.  If I select these enough times, sooner or later one of them will work.  Doesn't seem to be any particualr one.  I think it is the source selection process that finally "takes".

Any advice?

Pages: [1]   Go Up